Patient Advocate Representative- Full Time ( Days)- Abrazo Arrowhead Campus- Glendale, AZ
- Job ID 1705033423
- Date posted 08/04/2017
- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family members.
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activities performed on account while in-house and during the Patient accounting cycle.
- Performs financial clearance function including collections. Cancels accounts that have not had any patient cooperation and are not eligible for any programs and prepares accounts for Financial Assistance review.
- Follows up on MECS assigned accounts to ensure follow-through on Government application submitted. Develops a working relationship with patients, based on good communication skills, enabling accounts to be processed quickly with government program eligibility.
- Conducts field visits to patient homes for skiptracing and or assisting patient with documents.
- Notifies hospital case management, social services and admissions staff of case screening determinations and outcomes via verbal and written communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working familiarity with the rules and regulations pertaining to Federal, State and County programs
- P/C systems literate including Windows, and Micorsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the clear understanding of the English language
- Detail oriented, with strengths in dealing with multiple facilites, Supervisors, and Hospital platforms
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivlent
- Minimum 2 years work experience with Social Services or Hospital Admitting or related area
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Must be able to walk through a hospital environment, including across broad campus settings and Emergency Department environments, and visit patients at bedside
- Ability to travel
- Both Hospital and Office facilities, in direct contact with Patients and Staff
- Must be able to travel
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.