PHYSICAL THERAPIST TRA - Abrazo Arrowhead
The Physical Therapist evaluates, plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy. Functions as an interdisciplinary team member providing patient assessments/re-assessment, direct patient care, and individualized care planning/implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assess patient needs for physical therapy in a timely fashion; completes initial evaluation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department. Documents patient care efficiently and effectively.
- Develops and maintains long and short term treatment goals that are functional and measurable for each patient. Re-evaluates and modifies treatment programs as warranted.
- Integrates information, prioritizes needs, involves patient/family in planning process, Provides education to patients, caregivers, and other appropriate personnel regarding the patient s status recommendations.
- Utilizes the most appropriate form of treatment provided with the highest level of care.
- Maintains and upgrades skills in the field by retaining membership in relevant professional organizations, attending educational workshops/conferences, self-study, inservices, etc.
- Achieves departmental productivity standards to ensure the availability of patient care. Directs physical therapy care provided by assistants and non-licensed staff; provide supervision, instruction when indicated in a positive, encouraging manner.
- Completes checklist which includes annual and periodic competency requirements.
- Communicates observations, facts and comments with interdisciplinary team members, individually, and through team meetings as appropriate.
- Follows policies and procedures including those that govern confidentiality, objectives, quality assurance and improvement programs, risk management/safety, environment and infection control standards.
- Monitors equipment inventory, operation status, repairs, supplies, and ensures that necessary tasks are completed to maintain the patient care area.
- Performs all aspects of job in compliance with hospital policy related to business ethics/business practices. Attends meeting as required.
- Communicates with medical and allied health personnel regarding patient s progress, needs and discharge planning.
- Participates in medical and nursing staff education to improve the quality of patient care.
- Other related job tasks or responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor�s Degree from an Accredited Program in Physical Therapy
Patient Care Assistant Program; EKG training in selected units - required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities