Scheduling Coordinator - Arrowhead Ortho/Glendale - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1905036795
- Date posted 09/18/2019
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Address: 6320 W. Union Hills Dr. Bldg. B. Suite 1800
Coordinator - Full Time Days
General Summary: Responsible for all aspects of surgery process including all verifying insurance; pre-operative certifications and authorizations; complete necessary hospital forms; scheduling patient for any pre-operative labs, testing and coordination of post-surgery care
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Triage surgical candidates as required by the physicians
- Work with appropriate hospital personnel to obtain information as required for surgery scheduling.
- Educate patients about planned surgery
- Verify insurance information in electronic system
- Obtain insurance authorizations as required by individual plans prior to surgery
- Work in concert with surgeons to obtain medical clearances and preoperative testing as required by hospital protocols
- Confirm and reschedule return appointments, as necessary.
- Provide assistance to administrative or clinical staff as needed.
- Notify manager with patient account and insurance issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma/GED required
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a physician office with previous surgery scheduling experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures and process.
- Understanding of documentation required for surgery scheduling.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete billing tasks within compliance of the organization.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interprets, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.