Search Open Positions
EEG Tech Per Diem Days
Helping people feel better isn’t just about the treatment we give – the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Abrazo hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, you’ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
EEG Tech Per Diem Days Position Summary
Under direct supervision and according to established guidelines and procedures, perform routine and complex procedures to obtain data for use in the clinical diagnosis of disorders of the nervous system in at least one of the following modalities of neurodiagnostics: electroencephalogarphy (EEG), evoked potentials (EP), epilepsy monitoring and polysomnograhy (PSG), or nerve conduction studies (NCS). Accountable for performing and providing quality customer service within a specific environment. Responsible for maintaining effective communication skills. Participates in monitoring and maintaining resources in specific department. Understands and contributes to the vision/mission and goals of the department and CNI. . Assist in a liaison role with physicians, management, and other departments.
- Perform neurodiagnostic testing procedures, which include, but are not limited to electroencephalograms (EEG), evoked potentials (EP), and nerve conduction studies (NCS).
- Schedule patients for neurodiagnostic procedures and obtain required medical information; explain procedures.
- Prepare patient for tests to include measuring and marking cranial area and placing electrodes to specified positions on scalp and body.
- Document pertinent medical history from the patient or family members.
- Operate computer equipment to record nervous system responses that provide quantitative and objective measures of the neuronal/sensory function.
- Perform duties in various diagnostic and research areas as assigned.
- Complete all procedures in accordance with department protocols. Assess patient to assure exam completeness.
- Assure patient safety: stretcher locked, bed rails when patient in bed/stretcher, patient transfer/slide boards, armband in place.
Level 2 – Proficient (in addition to above duties)
- Participate in training new staff.
- Troubleshoot errors and perform quality assurance checks.
Level 3 – Subject Matter Expert (in addition to above duties)
- Participate in quality improvement measures and monitoring within the department.
- Provide information to the Manager/Director as requested in review and update of department functions and procedure revisions.
THE EEG TECH PER DIEM DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
Preferred: Graduate of an approved Electroneurodiagnostic Program.
Required: Registered, or registry eligible, with ABRET (American Board of Electroneurodiagnostic and Evoked Potential Technologists), or other Nationally recognized certification program for Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists
Required: 1-2 year of experience in Neurodiagnostic testing.
Preferred: 2-3 years of experience in Neurodiagnostic testing.
Required: Excellent technical skills, Basic computer skills, Verbal and written communication skills
Required: Thorough knowledge of neurological anatomy, physiology and pathology.
Required: Familiar with the current uses of technology in the Neurodiagnostic field.
Required: Must be able to work variable shifts, holidays and weekends. Must be able to participate in the “on-call” rotation of availability. Must be able to perform all duties, including lifting and transferring, using proper body mechanics.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet