Search Open Positions
Monitor Tech Tele PRN Nights
Welcome to Abrazo Health Network, where making a real difference in people's lives is at the heart of everything we do. Beyond just medical treatments, we believe in the power of genuine relationships and heartfelt compassion. It's what sets us apart and makes us truly special.
When you join our team, you're not just stepping into a job – you're becoming part of a community that uplifts and supports each other every day. We know that healthcare requires a unique blend of talent and dedication, and we are fully committed to providing an environment that enriches and rewards your journey.
Picture yourself among the brightest healthcare professionals, all united by a common purpose: caring for our community with unwavering commitment. At Abrazo Health, you won't just find colleagues; you'll find awe-inspiring teammates who share your passion for making a meaningful impact.
If you're ready to go above and beyond, to embrace the energy and camaraderie that Abrazo Health offers, then join us on this incredible adventure. Together, we'll embrace a healthier world – one patient at a time. Let your career find its purpose here at Abrazo.
Monitor Tech Telemetry PRN Nights Position Summary
Position identifies and communicates cardiac rhythm irregularities to other team members. This position provides for coverage and observation of cardiac monitors. Communicates changes in cardiac rhythm and recognition of life threathening dysrhthymias.
- Obtains and documents EKG interpretations at rest and with each exercise modality. Recognizes, reports, documents and communicates EKG changes
- Assesses and priorities a rapidly changing workload. Completes work in a timely manner. .
- Participates in department management by providing input at meetings and reading communication.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment. Shares responsibility for organizing supplies, tracking, stocking and storing equipment and keeping the department clean and organized.
- Observes cardiac monitors for selected patients to recognize, analyze, and interpret significant rhythm changes and life threatening rhythms.
- Recognizes medications and illnesses affecting cardiac rhythm.
- Monitors premature ventricuolar contractions on patients with electrolyte imbalances.
- Communicates rhythm changes with the patient's nurse and charge nurse.
- Prompt recognition and communication of life threatening rhythms to nurse and charge nurse .
- Maintains strip documentation for patient's record.
- Revision to mental abilities - check calculations, interpreting, analyzing, assessing.
- Revison to sensory requirements - ability to see, close vision, ability to adjust focus.
THE MONITOR TECH TELEMETRY PRN NIGHTS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Completion of a Cardiac Monitor Technician program designed for unlicensed health care providers.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One year of hospital monitor tech experience.
REQUIRED COURSE(S) TRAINING: Within 90 days of hire: Completion of a basic EKG course or EKG exam required. Completion of a cardiac monitor technician program designed for unlicensed health care providers.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Excellent customer service skills and basic computer skills. Ability to interpret and analyze electrocardiogram rhythms.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet