PHARMACY TECH, Full Time Rotating at Abrazo West
- Job ID 1805048526
- Date posted 01/10/2019
- Facility Abrazo West Campus
Abrazo West Campus (located at 136th Avenue and McDowell Road in Goodyear) is a 188-bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare needs of the residents of the southwest Valley since September 2003. Abrazo West Campus has been recognized for high standards of quality and safe patient care by being named a recipient of the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Emergency Care. They are also accredited by The Joint Commission and are a Joint Commission-designated Primary Stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center. Most recently, Abrazo West Campus has achieved a grade A for Leap Frog.As a state designated Level 1 Trauma Center, Abrazo West Campus serves the critically injured patients in the Western Region of Arizona. Abrazo West Campus continues to enhance service lines which already include comprehensive orthopedics, neurosurgery, plastics, hand, cardiovascular with open-heart surgery, obstetrics, women’s health, wound care with hyperbaric treatment and therapy as well as 24-hour emergency plus trauma care.
The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Position duties include the following activities:
- Fill and label medications.
- Stock medications into pharmacy inventory.
- Restock automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
- Maintain adequate medication stock levels and proper storage of medications.
- Deliver medications to patient care areas.
- Attend to medication requests and phone calls.
- Assist in Pharmacy quality assurance activities.
- Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission standards and Tenet and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist pharmacists in performing various duties as assigned.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Preferred: Hospital Experience
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license. Pharmacy Technician certification (both based on state requirements)
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.