Supervisor Sterile Processing Full Time Days Abrazo West Campus
- Job ID 2005019324
- Date posted 06/29/2020
- Facility Abrazo West Campus
Abrazo West Campus (located at 136th Avenue and McDowell Road in Goodyear) is a 200-bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare needs of the residents of the southwest Valley since September 2003. Abrazo West Campus has been recognized for high standards of quality and safe patient care by being named a recipient of the Women s Choice Award as one of America s Best Hospitals in Emergency Care. They are also accredited by The Joint Commission and are a Joint Commission-designated Primary Stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center. Most recently, Abrazo West Campus has achieved a grade A for Leap Frog. As a state designated Level 1 Trauma Center, Abrazo West Campus serves the critically injured patients in the Western Region of Arizona. Abrazo West Campus continues to enhance service lines which already include comprehensive orthopedics, neurosurgery, plastics, hand, cardiovascular with open-heart surgery, obstetrics, women s health, wound care with hyperbaric treatment and therapy as well as 24-hour emergency plus trauma care. Please see what Abrazo West is doing...
New interventional neurology program
Advanced spine care program
Minimally invasive orthopedics surgery program
Focusing on pre and post education
Level 1 Trauma Center
Nurse navigator programs with specific service lines to guide patients through their health care experience.
Supervises all processes and staffing related to the decontamination, assembly and sterilization of instrumentation, case cart assembly and acts as a resource in all areas of expertise for departmental staff.
- The Supervisor develops and performs audits of performance measures and metrics, develops and implements PI measures.
- Designs, implements and conducts routine staff performance audits.
- Responsible for staffing assignments and scheduling, employee evaluations and disciplinary action.
- Administers and coordinates staff training programs, ensures staff participation and demonstration of competency.
- Assists in development, review and update of departmental policies and procedures.
- Assures the complete, accurate and on-time availability of sterile instrumentation, supplies and or equipment.
- Provides data to support manager approval for purchase requests of supplies and equipment.
- Responsible to provide data to manager for needed reports.
- Accepts all other duties assigned.
The Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of duties associated with the efficient operation of Sterile Processing in order to ensure high quality product delivery and efficient service to customers.
School diploma or GED.
Preferred: Completion of formal Sterile Processing Technician course or successfully challenged Course test preferred. Associates degree.
years Sterile Processing experience.
Preferred: At least one year previous experience in charge/supervisory or management position.
To be certified with IAHCSMM or CBSPD within 3 months.
Preferred: Current certification through internationally recognized organizations such as IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management) or Certification Board for Central Sterile Processing.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.