Application Analyst, Imaging (Onsite @ Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen (Harlingen, TX))
Under general supervision of a team lead or manager, the Application Analyst will focus on application support and service delivery solutions to achieve optimal patient safety, financial, and workflow efficiencies.
This role is responsible for vendor engagement, support of hospital-based applications, solutions, and processes and, assistance with integration to enterprise solutions. Support will include, planning, testing, troubleshooting and solutioning as needed. This person will also participate in system-wide projects and reported issues as well as create and foster strong working relationships among teammates.
The Application Analyst will support and maintain assigned information systems, function(s) and/or resources. Major responsibilities include assignments for installations, conversions and upgrades, and the resolution of customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance, or production application.
***role will sit at VBMC - Harlingen but travel between Harlingen and Brownsville***
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the use of software applications, data feeds and peripherals utilized across the Enterprise
- Perform system maintenance and provide software application support to maintain uptime
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve issues within software applications
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting/how-to documents to enable other team members to share responsibilities/avoid knowledge silos
- Define and document technical, operational and support processes
- Provide support to higher level managers or serve as a team member on complex projects
- Monitor applications for any performance issues and communicate to stakeholders
- Provide front-line, second level support as part of the IT Operations team
- Support all critical service management processes: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Application Enhancements
- Clearly communicate technical information to both internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Participate in an On-Call rotation
- Occasionally work after-hours/weekends to support the needs of the technology organization
- Assist, support and meet departmental goals and objectives
- Assist with facilitating user group sessions to identify and solve problems
- Communicate with vendors and other support services to install, implement and support systems
- Serve as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, and vendors to align clinical and IT standards with department workflow, processes, and policies
- Assist with coordination of local and enterprise level resources as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidates for this role should have a passion for providing excellent customer service and the ability to promote innovation within the organization
- Teamwork, ability to self-start, and excellent written and verbal communication skills will be mandatory for this role.
- The ability to communicate effectively with vendors and hospital personnel on all levels is required
- Strong organizational skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to establish predictable outcomes for our customers is required
- Knowledge of computer applications and systems, as well as interpersonal and organizational problem-solving skills will be essential to perform this role
- Travel required within the market; a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be conducted on the final candidate.
- Minimum 1-year experience supporting locally hosted and web-based applications
- Highly organized with the ability to plan and execute small-to-large projects required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to solve business/technology problems
- Understanding of software architecture (i.e., components, relationships, constraints)
- Excellent problem diagnosis skills (i.e., discovery, replication, troubleshooting, resolution, verification, communication and/or escalation)
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines within a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of company products, procedures, applications, etc.
- Ability to work directly with customers, vendor technology teams, internal teams, and business partners to resolve issues
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare or related field
- Normal sedentary office environment
- Work requires frequent mental/visual effort and operating a PC
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305040054
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities