Search Open Positions
Certified Surgical Technician Surgery Full Time Evenings
Offering up to $10K Sign On Bonus
Certified Surgical Technician provides direct and indirect technical care to surgical/obstetric patients along the continuum of the age spectrum facilitating the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures. Certified Surgical Technician follows established practices and standards. Certified Surgical Technician supports the mission statement, policies and procedures of the Valley Baptist Health System. Certified Surgical Technician completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period. Other related duties as assigned
Minimum: High-school graduate and Graduate of a Department of Education (DOE) or Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) accredited surgical technology program.
Preferred: 1 year as a Surgical or OB Technologist in acute care or ambulatory setting
- VBHS accepts certifications from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA); CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) or from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); TS-C (Technician in Surgery–Certified)
- BLS-Obtained through approved American Heart Association Training
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Assistant I Full Time Rotate Job ID: 2205023023 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen
- Student Employee Surgery Per Diem Days Job ID: 2205012863 Date posted: 07/05/2022 Facility: Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen
- Student Employee Surgery Per Diem Days Job ID: 2205018358 Date posted: 06/29/2022 Facility: Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet