Hospital Marketing Manager (Miami-Dade, Palmetto/Hialeah)
- Job ID 2005026676
- Date posted 08/13/2020
- Facility Corporate
The Marketing Manager for the Tenet Strategic Marketing Group (TSMG) will play an important role in Tenet s continued transformation into a consumer-focused organization. This position will successfully execute marketing plans that drive growth for their assigned hospital/market, drive community engagement, and effectively communicate the stories of how an assigned hospital is making a positive impact on the people it serves through its specialized service line offerings.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director with strong day-to-day interactions with the hospital Chief Strategy Officer and Hospital CEO, the Manager will work with the hospital leadership team, communications team, and field marketing teams to implement marketing activities that support service line growth and brand engagement for an assigned hospital/market. This position will build trusting and collaborative relationships with internal and external teams and astutely represent the hospital in establishing and maintaining effective community engagement within the framework and vision of the Tenet Strategic Marketing Group, a component of the Tenet Operating System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Supports the director in the development of strategic marketing plans that drive growth, consumer engagement, and patient retention.
- Drives executional excellence of marketing plan activation that supports the overall marketing strategy and growth.
- Plans, implements, and measures all day-to-day marketing responsibilities such as: activation of marketing campaigns; coordination of events and seminars; highlighting positive stories across paid media, including social.
- Keen level of focus on measuring results of all in market activities. Analysis complex information to distill impact of marketing programs and conversions.
- Seeks information and operates at a level of constant inquiry about business priorities and key initiatives that can further differentiate the hospital within the market. Acts as a reporter working to identify and translate the marketing activation stories of success
- Proactively communicates key program results and learnings to Director and VP of marketing operations.
- Communicates regularly to hospital leadership and stakeholder groups regarding marketing plans and marketing program results. Maintains a collaborative working relationship with hospital and physician teams.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of hospital-based operations, service lines and physician relations. Participates in the planning, implementation and management of the hospital marketing budget
- Excels in the use of effective storytelling and utilizes advanced writing skills across multiple platforms (e.g. social media, paid media, website, collateral) to create engagement within the community, with key stakeholders and to entice usage among a targeted consumer base
- Collaborates with the Group team to implement marketing programs that offer key differentiators based on quality, service and/or outcomes, have measurable ROI and build better hospital/market brands through consistent messaging, differentiated value propositions and brand positioning within the market
- Effectively engages with the community and key stakeholders for the purpose of building and enhancing the brand in the market place and translating the vision and mission of the hospital
- Supports integration efforts across physician marketing, urgent care, out-patient centers, etc.
- Bachelor s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or relevant major is required
- Advanced degree in business or public sector equivalent, marketing/communications, or health related field is preferred
- At least 5 years of demonstrated progressive experience and responsibility for communications, brand management, and public relations with a strong understanding of the business needs and competitive challenges of the industry (relevant to health care industry preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated success and understanding in executing cross-channel marketing tactics to drive consumer engagement such as social and digital media, advertising and communications platforms, marketing automation/CRM, content creation, and website management
- Demonstrated experience in understanding marketing channel performance and how results are supporting business objectives. Ability to synthesize learnings/best in class practices and quickly implement learnings to strengthen in market plans
- An excellent ability to bring stories to life to engage consumers across traditional and non-traditional media
- Demonstrated experience utilizing direct to consumer engagement and communications technology and tools, digital platforms, and social media
- An ability to build productive cross functional relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners
- A proactive servicing approach and a strong sense of urgency to respond to matters on time
- A collaborative style which engenders the respect of others and can be best described as a leader, mentor, and a coach
- An active listener with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A team player who gains value in actively participating as a team member across various disciplines and organizational levels
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a large, diffuse, highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated understanding of paid, earned and owned media integration and an ability to partner and support the communications teams.
- Authentic- Has deep integrity and holds personal and professional values consistent with Tenet s mission, vision and values
- Self-motivated- Outcomes-focused individual who holds herself/himself to a high performance standard, but maintains a sense of proportion and humor
- Persuasive- Able to advance an idea, strategy or program through influence, communication and negotiation. Works through credibility and collaboration to achieve success in a highly complex and matrixed organization
- Collaborative- Confident with a commitment to her/his ideas and ideals, but someone who also listens with true self-awareness and empathy. A leader who possesses a common touch to relate comfortably and effectively with people at all levels
- Detail oriented - Strong attention to detail in grammar, design, development, and strategic approach
- Professional Is held in high regard for maturity level, reliability, trustworthiness and overall professionalism
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.