Group Chief Human Resources Officer, Alabama Group - Birmingham, Alabama
The Group Chief Human Resources Officer serves the hospital and group leadership team as strategic advisor providing high-quality consultancy on a diverse set of strategic and operational HR issues; representing specific hospital or market needs; ensuring implementation and application of agreed upon HR processes, systems, policies and programs; leads escalation and resolution of employee relation matters; lead HR functional liaison to a specific hospital or market accountable to attract, develop and retain key talent. Key liaison to “broker” the HR service delivery model ensuring appropriate support of human resource services and a solutions are provided in areas such as talent management, total rewards, talent acquisition and deployment, learning, employee relations, organization design and restructuring. Accountable to ensure oversight and governance of group and hospitals HR processes, systems and policies.
- Consults with business leaders on critical capability and capacity gaps, short- and long-term talent needs, compensation, organization effectiveness and employee development requirements and labor management strategies.
- Partners with Hospital Operations, CHRO and Tenet CoEs leaders to proactively identify and implement strategic solutions and interventions across all functional areas ensuring SLA and KPI targets are met.
- Partners with external HR groups/societies to stay abreast of key industry trends and best practices.
- Partners with other senior HR leaders to ensure the successful implementation and constant evolution of the HR service delivery model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Acts as a point of contact to the business for all HR related services and solutions
- Leads team of hospital CHROs across multiple markets
- Plays an active business partner role in strategic meetings (budget process, strategic planning, etc.) and translates business strategies into HR initiatives
- Manages labor and productivity initiatives and actions to deliver cost improvement in areas such as overtime, premium labor, headcount efficiency and contract labor
- Acts as a catalyst to ensure the acquisition, development and performance of leading talent and partners with members of HR service delivery model to ensure sourcing, staffing and onboarding needs are met
- Builds the capability of direct reports and that of the broader HR team, identifying and supporting them through their own development and towards their career goals
- Drives the use of data analytics, and external/internal insights to design innovative HR solutions based on short and long term business needs
- Deploys innovative, business relevant processes and solutions that drive the business strategy, talent management agenda, people engagement and organizational effectiveness and oversee service delivery (Time / Cost / Value / Quality / Direction / Strategy) according to internal and external service level agreements
- Provides coaching to managers on how to analyze and identify solutions to drive the business and create greater organizational capability and engagement
- Drives simplification and elimination of non-value added work in the business and identifies efficiencies and drives organizational effectiveness
- Builds capability internally and coaches senior leaders on effective talent, organizational and employee engagement strategies
- Drives culture change toward the direction of business (Understands the vision of the business, leads culture gap analysis, action plans against gaps, leverages communication tools/expertise to drive desired change) to ensure change initiative are managed in a predictable and controlled manner ensure overall objectives are achieved
- Leverages external networks to understand market trends, shape organizational strategy and apply leading practices
- Identifies the need for HR solutions and partners across HR to integrate and broker these services, overseeing and constantly improving a work-intake and contracting process to enable priorities and deliverables to emerge at enterprise, business unit and channel levels
- Other duties as assigned
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years’ experience in providing Human Resources services, solutions and leadership in roles of different levels of size, complexity, business model maturity, etc.
- Partnering with business leaders to develop, design and implement relevant strategic human resources strategies
- Ability to manage and develop senior HR functional and leadership capability
- Led organization design, restructuring and strategic workforce planning initiatives
- Has successfully led complex and system-wide organizational change that is a result of operating model transformation, business startup, mergers and acquisitions, business consolidation, etc.
- Experience in creating and enhancing organizational culture through organizational effectiveness and development strategies that deliver higher levels of employee engagement, commitment and satisfaction
- Highly skilled in executing “generalist” HR core processes in areas such as talent management, talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, performance management, employee assessment and development, success planning and organizational development
- Diverse background in multiple industries and/or operating units within the same organization
- Skillful at influencing senior leaders and diverse perspectives towards common goals
- Able to surgically analyze and diagnose business and people performance, organizational climate and culture and use data to create insights that drive higher thinking and outcomes
- Ability to effectively balance enterprise and business specific requirements through high quality HR business partnering, superior consultative skills and knowledge of the business
- Developed, led and implemented organization and functional change management strategies, initiatives and process
- Ability to identify, develop and retain high quality talent balancing multiple engagement and reward levers to deliver overall individual and organization value and capability
- Ability to effectively manage a budget, interpret a P&L, understand key business drivers and has solid cost benefit trade off analysis and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives keeping all in balance and delivering within cost, timing, change impact expectations
- Strong organization planning, critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate all levels of the HR organization from the frontline to senior HR professionals
- Ability to develop strategy that can be translated into clear, concise and actionable initiatives and action plans
- Demonstrates strong courageous leadership skill sin the ability to make balanced, difficult and complex decisions in the face of opposition
- A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance. A person who leads by example, and sets strong professional and personal standards for every activity.
- Someone who values employees at all levels, treating all with dignity and respect. An individual who is able to relate easily to people from all walks of life; empathetic and compassionate.
- Self-confident and assured with significant presence and charisma, but with a balanced ego.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, and the medical staff.
- An individual with a contagious passion for his/her work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field. (preferred).
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.Travel
Travel within the Alabama Group of hospitals.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities