Search Open Positions
Respiratory Therapy Student Flexi Days
Brookwood Baptist Medical Center:Located in Birmingham, this 588 bed facility provides the following services: Brain & Neuro, Cancer Care, Children's Services, Diagnostics, Digestive Disorders, Ear, Nose & Throat, Emergency, Gynecological Surgery, Heart Care, infertility issues, Interventional Radiology, Maternity, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Psychiatry (one of the largest providers in the State), Pulmonary and Respiratory, Rehabilitation Services, Robotic Surgery, Sleep Center, Surgical Services, Urology, Weight Loss Surgery, Women's Health, Workforce Wellness, and Wound Care.Summary
A Respiratory Therapy Extern is defined as a person who is a full-time student in an accredited Respiratory Therapy program and works at the hospital in addition to their clinical studies.
Under supervision of Registered Respiratory Therapists, the extern performs basic tasks, which have been learned in class and practiced in the School setting. These tasks have also been practiced with demonstrated competency during clinical rotations at a Tenet hospital.
- A Respiratory Therapy Extern is defined as a person who is a full-time student in an accredited Respiratory Therapy program and works at the hospital in addition to their clinical studies.
- Under supervision of Registered Respiratory Therapists, the extern performs basic tasks, which have been learned in class and practiced in the School setting.
- These tasks have also been practiced with demonstrated competency during clinical rotations at a Tenet hospital.
Must be a full-time student in good standing in an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.Experience
Successful completion of academic and clinical competencies, specific for each task.Certifications
Must have Basic Life Support certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Neonatal ICU Respiratory Therapist Flexi Days Job ID: 2205025113 Date posted: 02/02/2023 Facility: BCDC - Brookwood Medical Center
- Respiratory Therapist Flexi Days Job ID: 2305006870 Date posted: 01/04/2023 Facility: BCDC - Brookwood Medical Center
- Occupational Therapist FT Job ID: 2305011151 Date posted: 01/25/2023 Facility: BCDC - Brookwood Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet