Search Open Positions
Full Time Patient Access Representative III St. Luke's Baylor Houston, TX
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides world-class customer service, completes full patient registration at date of service adheres to financial & cash control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information, create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services. May also assist with scheduling diagnostic or surgical procedures, conducting physician office/patient interviews, and explains hospital procedure guidelines and policies.
- Provides full patient financial counseling, education & referrals, employs and completes all patient liability collection escalations through proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial & cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to Centers for Medicare & Medicare services, verifies insurance, benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and secures inpatient visit notification to payors.
- Performs thorough analysis of admission discharge transfers (ADT), Revenue Cycle Reports, leads shift Patient Access Operations, and collaborates with Department leaders in process and operational excellence.
Conifer requires its candidates and contractors, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software/system/equipment/PCs.
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Advance Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Advanced Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Advanced Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Advanced Patient Liability Collection performance and high achievement in productivity.
- Must be able to perform essential job duties in at least three Patient Access service areas including ED
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-4 years experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
- 2+ years in Patient Access preferred.
- Some college coursework is preferred
- Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
- Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility problems.
- Hospital administration
- Can work in patient care locations which include potential exposure to life-threatening patient conditions.
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental/system demands.
- Resolves Physician's office and Patient issues. May experience extreme patient volumes and uncooperative Patients.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Support Services Representative Job ID: 2105015474 Date posted: 09/14/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Support Services Representative Job ID: 2105023760 Date posted: 09/14/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- RCM Customer Service Representative Job ID: 2105016439 Date posted: 09/14/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet