Search Open Positions
Clinical Systems Admin Per Diem Days
JFK Memorial Hospital has provided medical care to residents in the Coachella Valley since 1966. A group of physicians, including Dr. Reynaldo Carreon, founded the hospital and today one of JFK’s cross streets is named in his honor.
Originally called Indio Community Hospital, JFK has grown to a 145-bed acute-care hospital that is part of Tenet Healthcare California. It offers a variety of services, including:
- Emergency care 24/7
- Orthopedic and joint replacement services using emerging technology
- Cardiovascular services
- Maternity care and pediatric services
- Ambulatory surgery center
- Imaging services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
Under general supervision interacts with clinical departments utilizing systems to ensure optimum functionality, availability, system responsiveness, and integrity of both on-line and archived data.
Works closely with other technical support personnel in Information Services to ensure compliance with security, disaster recovery, change management and other technical guidelines as established by policy.
Responsibilities include: system administration, supporting and troubleshooting the core applications, and custom system to system interfaces.
Maintains system hardware with diagnostic workstations, web interfaces, media devices, and other related equipment.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned.
- -Provides direct and timely support to all Clinical Systems users.
- Resolves technical and administrative issues on assigned equipment and provides timely communications of issues.
- Reconciles or corrects patient data, records, or images when necessary.
- Conducts system installation and application adjustments as necessary.
- Takes appropriate actions as required with assigned servers to minimize downtime when instructed to do so.
- Oversees and reports activities of vendors in support and maintenance of systems and the installation of new components.
- Maintains comprehensive site documentation to include an inventory of assigned equipment, system configuration details, warranty information, emergency contact lists and escalation procedures.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues and documents issues and resolutions.
- Establishes system performance benchmarks and thresholds.
- Performs daily system checks to include the review of system logs, clearing of errors, responding to failures/warnings and the comparison of system characteristics against benchmarks and thresholds.
- Implements and maintains a Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program that includes performance and documentation of periodic calibration and preventive maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Provides education and training on systems in use and provides periodic training updates as systems are upgraded or enhanced to all appropriate clinical staff as required.
- Implements system updates and enhancements and provides in-service presentations to inform personnel of system enhancements, their capabilities and impact on operations in coordination with the vendors, Information Services, Biomedical Engineering and department supervisors.
- Maintains system security, audits system access and works with IS Security analyst to ensure compliance with security policy and procedures.
- Reports security incidents per policy.
Required: Associates in IT, Computer Science or related Information Systems field
Preferred: Bachelors in IT, Computer Science or related Information Systems field
Required: 4 years healthcare experience, 2 years systems experience
Preferred: 6 years healthcare experience, 4 years systems experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registered Nurse II Labor &Delivery Full Time Days Job ID: 2005032452 Date posted: 12/03/2021 Facility: John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
- Registered Nurse II Labor &Delivery Full Time Days Job ID: 2005032451 Date posted: 11/12/2021 Facility: John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
- Unit Secretary ED Part Time Rotate Job ID: 2105025530 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet