CLS Clinical Lab Scientist Full Time $5K Sign on Bonus
- Job ID 1905005119
- Date posted 05/13/2019
- Facility John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS), perform with minimum supervision routine procedures and the most advanced procedures in at least one laboratory section or all of the routine and difficult procedures in all laboratory sections. CLS perform clinical analysis on human blood, various body fluids, and selected other specimens. The Clinical Lab Values obtained are used by physicians for diagnosis, therapeutic monitoring, and treatment of their patients. The testing is performed utilizing automated an semi-automated instruments as well as many manual tests requiring significant judgment and skill. The CLS must be able to calibrate instruments, perform required control procedures and ensure that patient results are only reported when systems are within prescribed control guidelines. In addition, CLS must possess the ability to troubleshoot instrumentation and to repair minor problems. A working knowledge of the Laboratory Information System, data entry, and verification procedures, is a necessity.
Clinical Lab Scientists must be able to prioritize the workload and ensure that STAT test turn around times are minimized and that critical values reach the physicians or nursing station, in a timely manner.
The work and all procedures must conform to strict guidelines that have been developed by various Government and private agencies.
1. Completed a baccalaureate degree in a related science
2. Completed an internship for Medical Technology or Laboratory specialty
3. Current and valid license for Clinical Laboratory Science issued by the State of California Department of Health
4. Must complete a minimum of 12 continuing education units per year as required by licensure
5. Must be physically and mentally able to perform stand up bench work, and some bedside testing, for extended periods of time
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.