RN II Emergency FT Nights $15K Bonus
- Job ID 1905005612
- Date posted 05/14/2019
- Facility John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
JFK Memorial Hospital has provided medical care to residents in the Coachella Valley since 1966. A group of physicians, including Dr. Reynaldo Carreon, founded the hospital and today one of JFK�s cross streets is named in his honor.
Originally called Indio Community Hospital, JFK has grown to a 145-bed acute-care hospital that is part of Tenet Healthcare California. It offers a variety of services, including:
- Emergency care 24/7
- Orthopedic and joint replacement services using emerging technology
- Cardiovascular services
- Maternity care and pediatric services
- Ambulatory surgery center
- Imaging services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
The RN II: Assumes principle responsibility for the total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of all Emergency Department patient populations. Independently anticipates professional responsibilities and accepts accountability for professional actions. The RN II uses critical thinking skills both in triage and in providing care for all categories and types of Emergency Department Patients. Oversees RN I�s, ED Tech�s. Uses effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people on all levels, and maintains positive working relationships with patients, families, co-workers, and physicians and participates in departmental Performance Improvement activities and monitoring as requested.
- California Registered Nurse License
- 1-2 years of ER experience
- Successful mastery of nursing skills and knowledge related to a RN I position
- Basic Computer Skills
- ED Triage Course (after three (3) months of hire/transfer)
- AB-508 Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within six (6) months of hire
- MICN - preferred
- ENPC and TNCC - preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.