RN Stroke Coordinator Full Time
- Job ID 2005030549
- Date posted 09/29/2020
- Facility John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
JFK Memorial Hospital has provided medical care to residents in the Coachella Valley since 1966. A group of physicians, including Dr. Reynaldo Carreon, founded the hospital and today one of JFK s cross streets is named in his honor. Originally called Indio Community Hospital, JFK has grown to a 145-bed acute-care hospital that is part of Tenet Healthcare California. It offers a variety of services, including:
Emergency care 24/7
Orthopedic and joint replacement services using emerging technology
Maternity care and pediatric services
Ambulatory surgery center
Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Quality Improvement, the CHF, Chest Pain and Stroke Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the key elements of these programs to include development and review of protocols, initial and ongoing training, performance improvement and community outreach. Responsible for the overall supervision of service to achieve the mission to use evidence-based guidelines and a system focus to achieve rapid identification, care, and treatment of patients. This will be achieved by collaborating with the Emergency Department, nursing, Chest Pain Committee, Stroke Committee, EMS, hospital department directors, quality and staff.
This position also serves as liaison for services and evidence based medicine related to congestive heart failure patients to avoid readmission. This position also is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of patient and family education related to congestive heart failure. This includes providing staff education related to the provision of patient and family education, and multiple interdisciplinary activities to ensure a quality program. The coordinator demonstrates personal and professional responsibility, participates in creating an atmosphere of mutual trust, acceptance, recognition and respect, and assumes responsibility for own professional development.
1. Position is responsible for leading, directing, and supporting strategic initiatives by working in collaboration with staff, administration, management teams, and medical staff in accordance with established goals and benchmarks.
2. Responsible for partnering with Business Developent to ensure successful implementation of strategic plans in order to achieve business objectives and enhancing existing lines of business by establishing relationships with physicians, customers, and patient relations.
3. Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of systems to assess and continuously improve the quality of customer service throughout the hospital. Supports achievement of Corporate targets and goals with respect to customer opinion and services.
4. Supports plans to enchance the reputation and image of the hospital through community, healthcare, and professional organizations, as well as public relations activities as appropriate.
5. Collaborates with all program stakeholders in the development of standardized care plans and order sets.
6. Collaborates with program stakeholders in the development and implementation of teaching classes, including the coordination of teaching materials with the physician's offices, where applicable.
7. Collaborates with program stakeholders in the development of documentation standards and patient education materials.
8. Conducts Leader Rounding on patients and staff. Manages the post-discharge call back process.
9. As part of ongoing quality improvement, creates and maintains measurement systems for tracking outcomes and patient satisfaction, as well as identifying areas that require improvement. Ensures data is complete, accurate, and reported timely. Collaborates directly with the Quality Department for development, organization, and presentation of data.
10. Ensures that cases route appropriately through the hospital's peer review process, as applicable to any issues or opportunities for improvement that are identified.
11. Demonstrates organizational skills, motivation, and initiative by planning and completing routine tasks, projects, and special assignments in a timely manner.
1. Certification as a Coordinator of Chest Pain CCPC by the Society - Preferred
2. Membership in the American Society of Chest Pain Centers
3. Current BLS and ACLS Certification
4. A minimum of three years clinical experience in an emergency department or cardiac cath unit in a hospital or healthcare system with full cardiology services
5. Process improvement and/or case review experience - Preferred, but not required
6. Current RN license in the State of California
7. Bachelor's degree in nursing - Preferred
8. Four to five years as a Registered Nurse in a clinical setting. Experience in a care coordination and/or education position, experience working and communicating with all levels of health care workers, physicians and administrative personnel
9. Computer skills with Microsoft products
10. Prior experience in a Stroke Program, physician relations, network development or a similar role in marketing and business development is preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.