Search Open Positions
Registered Nurse FA Surgery Per Diem Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
JFK Memorial Hospital has provided medical care to residents in the Coachella Valley since 1966. A group of physicians, including Dr. Reynaldo Carreon, founded the hospital and today one of JFK’s cross streets is named in his honor.
Originally called Indio Community Hospital, JFK has grown to a 145-bed acute-care hospital that is part of Tenet Healthcare California. It offers a variety of services, including:
- Emergency care 24/7
- Orthopedic and joint replacement services using emerging technology
- Cardiovascular services
- Maternity care and pediatric services
- Ambulatory surgery center
- Imaging services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) is a perioperative nurse who may function as an assistant to the surgeon in the operating room during surgical procedures.
- The RNFA performs first assistant behaviors according to hospital policy. In addition to first assisting, responsibilities may include circulating, scrubbing and other duties as assigned.
- Access to all Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
- Current California RN License
- Certified as a perioperative nurse (CNOR)
- Completion of an RNFA course, including the completion of the required internship hours
- Proficient in perioperative nursing practice as both scrub and circulating nurse with diversified operating room experience
- Current ACLS and CPR Provider certifications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with patients, families, and co-workers inter- and intra-departmentally
- Possesses active listening skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing theory and practice
- Compassionate, nonjudgmental patient caregiver and advocate
- Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding work
- Possesses audible acuity necessary for taking blood pressures and maintaining patient safety
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.