Search Open Positions
Histology Tech Flexi Days
Walker Baptist Medical Center:Located in Jasper, this facility is equipped with 267 beds and specializes in cardiology; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; urology; and detox therapy.Summary
Performs various tasks required for receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the Pathologist.Responsibilities
- Prepares microscopic tissue slides for diagnostic/research purposes
- Performs tissue stains to assist in diagnosis
- Handles specimen accessioning
- Maintains laboratory and equipment
- Reviews quality control, performs operational duties, maintenance and troubleshooting of histology instruments and equipment
Required: Completion of training in an NCCLS-approved Histology Technician program
Preferred: Bachelor�s or Associate's degree
Preferred: 1 year experience as HistotechnicianCertifications
Required: State licensure where required.
Preferred: Histotechnician certification through ASCP (or equivalent).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pharmacy Tech I FT Days Job ID: 2305003189 Date posted: 11/16/2022 Facility: Walker Medical Center
- Histology Tech FT Days Job ID: 2305002032 Date posted: 11/07/2022 Facility: Walker Medical Center
- Medical Lab Tech CLS FT Days 7on 7off Job ID: 2205030177 Date posted: 08/19/2022 Facility: Walker Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet