Search Open Positions
Lab Supervisor FT Days
Walker Baptist Medical Center:Located in Jasper, this facility is equipped with 267 beds and specializes in cardiology; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; urology; and detox therapy.
Supervises the daily operations of department.
Assists in selection of personnel for hire.
Performance management and makes recommendations on discipline and termination.
Advanced responsibilities include, but are not limited to: equipment validation and implementation; employee training and competency assessment; regulatory compliance.
Responsible for CAP, TCJ,AABB or other accreditation.
Demonstrates subject matter expertise in core laboratory, blood bank, microbiology or other specialty department.
- Supervises the daily operations of department
- Supervises staff
- Assists in selection of personnel for hire
- Performance management, and makes recommendations on discipline and termination as well as staff evaluation of performance
- Responsible for CAP, TCJ,AABB or other accreditation
- Reviews quality control and patient results
- Performs laboratory testing
- Performs operational duties, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrument and equipment
- Ensures service level agreements are met through implementation of operational efficiencies in work area
- Completes other duties assigned by laboratory director
Required: Bachelor�s Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491). Meets CLIA requirements for General Supervisor.
Required: 5 years as medical technologist or clinical laboratory scientist in an acute care facility.
Preferred: 5 years laboratory supervisory experience.
Required: Registered in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or equivalent). Licensure, as required by State law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Sterile Processing Tech FT Rotating Shift Job ID: 2205011266 Date posted: 04/12/2022 Facility: Walker Baptist Med Ctr
- Medical Lab Tech CLS Flexi Days Job ID: 2205009017 Date posted: 06/02/2022 Facility: Walker Baptist Med Ctr
- Medical Technologist CLS FT Days 7on 7off Job ID: 2205020697 Date posted: 05/31/2022 Facility: Walker Baptist Med Ctr
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet