Search Open Positions
Student Nurse Tech
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
Seeking Student Nurse Techs for Walker Baptist Medical Center. Days, Nights, Weekends available. Flex/Perdiem. Apply today to speak with a recruiter!
Walker Baptist Medical Center:Located in Jasper, this facility is equipped with 267 beds and specializes in cardiology; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; urology; and detox therapy.
- Extend the healing ministry of Christ through holistic, people-centered health care.
BROOKWOOD BAPTIST HEALTH VALUES
- INTEGRITY - Honoring God in all we do.
- SERVICE - Ministering with Respect, Compassion, and Dignity.
- QUALITY - Defining the highest standard of care.
- TRANSPARENCY - Showing integrity in word and deed.
- INNOVATION - Having courageous creativity.
- To provide safe basic patient care, utilizing technical skills, under the direct supervision of a registered professional (RN/LVN). Basic patient care includes, but is not limited to, assistance with activities of daily living, vital signs, and obtaining intake and output.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Answers call lights and attends to patients as needed.
- Assists with filing, order entry, transcription and copying as assigned.
- Assists with transferring, moving and repositioning patients. Helps patients with feeding during meals as requested.
- Cleans, sterilizes and stocks equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Observes patient status and reports to RN on findings.
- Responsible for setting up patient rooms appropriately.
- Maintains the unit as a clean, safe and comfortable environment to include patient room, lounge, and all other work areas.
- Interacts in a professional manner with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers according to Performance Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS / REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT