Administrative Assistant Full Time Days CCC
- Job ID 1905003044
- Date posted 03/04/2019
- Facility Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Provides administrative support to the Executive Director of Post-Acute Services, Assistant Director of Nursing, and Manager of Home Health and Hospice.
1. Schedules appointments and arrange meetings for the Executive Director of Post-Acute Services, Assistant Director of Nursing, and Manager of Home Health and Hospice, using discretion with regard to sensitive and confidential matters, ensuring adequate time based upon the nature of the meeting, both within and outside the Medical Center. Exercises discretion in commitment of the Executive Director’s time. Prepares briefing files for the Executive Director prior to scheduled meetings/appointments/telephone contacts. Knows when to interrupt the Executive Director and is able to discern critical priorities.
2. Acts as a meeting planner, coordinating and/or assisting in the coordination of business/social functions. Prepares any necessary invitations and/or programs. Coordinates meetings as requested, including any housekeeping or dietary setups.
3. Takes minutes for the board meetings and assigned committees; transcribes such minutes accurately, publishes them as required, and secures signatures on the final, approved documents
4. Facilitates calendar and correspondence as needed to provide appropriate and timely communication among Hospital staff and the community.
5. Coordinates registration, air travel, and hotel accommodations for various Director conferences and seminars.
6. Responsible for all C Executive Director of Post-Acute Services, Assistant Director of Nursing, and Manager of Home Health and Hospice correspondence.
7. Takes dictation and transcribes notes for correspondence, memos, reports, meeting minutes, articles,
manuscripts, etc. as requested.
8. Types general and highly confidential correspondence, reports, etc. from rough draft for final copy, using own initiative to compose and type routine correspondence.
9. Maintains and organizes various general administrative and confidential files for the Administrative Team (which includes all contracts, correspondence, licensure, etc); determines contents of files and/or gathers information for these files.
10. Handles a variety of special projects as assigned, which may be long or short-term projects, including the routine update and maintenance of the policies, procedures and contracts for the Post -Acute Team.
11. Displays appropriate initiative/judgment. Consistently performs special projects with minimal supervision, giving attention to detail, record-keeping and required paperwork inherent to the projects. Demonstrates competence in planning and time utilization of special projects. Consistently coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency, demonstrating ability to recognize and establish priorities.
12. Processes Hospital contracts under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
13. Exhibits knowledge of job. Understands Hospital and departmental operations, policies and procedures, and applies same to any situation. Understands basic functions of the department and readily identifies sources of information in the preparation of special reports and analyses. Clearly relates knowledge of Hospital and departmental operations, policies and procedures to others as requested; understands the organization and political structure of the Hospital.
14. Communicates problems effectively in an appropriate forum.
15. Manages the front office as per industry standard to provide excellent customer service to executive staff, hospital personnel and hospital guests, aspiring to meet service expectations.
16. Maintains functional filing system for methodical retrieval of documents.
17. Maintains office equipment and systems appropriately to avoid interference with the routine expectations of the office.
18. Other duties as assigned
Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs)
Manual dexterity and mobility
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
Subject to many interruptions
Associates Degree Required
Previous healthcare experience preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.