Search Open Positions
CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST Full Time Nights
� The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability, and assumes responsibility for the quality of work performed.
� Follows District rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certification, and authorization required for employment.
� Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately. � Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner.
� Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area.
� Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
� The employee works independently and requests assistance/direction when needed.
� Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area.
� Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code
� The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes works assignments.
� Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner.
� Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses District resources appropriately.
� Meets or exceeds District rules on attendance and tardiness.
� The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
� The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to lean job related skills, policies and procedures.
Performs blood tests and studies morphology of constituents of blood to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ensures instrumentation of operating in accordance with laboratory practice.
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
� Conducts job duties in accordance with established hospital policy and safety/sanitation standards.
2. Draws blood (venous & arterial) as necessary following all standards.
� Ensures an adequate system of internal controls.
3. Consults with Pathologist regarding difficult analyses or abnormal findings.
� Pathologist is consulted with regarding difficult analyses or abnormal findings
4. Records all test results in appropriate format.
� All test results are recorded appropriately.
5. Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services.
� Good relations with patients, medical staff and others are maintained at all times.
6. Follows QC, QA and PM program. Is accurate and complete in documentation; following through in appropriate manner.
� Programs are followed and documentation is complete.
7. Directs and monitors support staff; guiding in decisions and flow of department.
8. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
� Attends continuing education courses related to area of specialization to remain current in the field.
9. Is a resource for problem solving, client concerns and over all laboratory practices.
� Serves as a resource to employees and clients.
10. Apprises lab management of issues, problems, concerns, as well as suggestions for lab functions.
� Management is apprised of issues, problems, concerns and suggestions.
11. Operates necessary computer system(s) to perform job functions.
� Computer systems are operated.
12. Participates as a team member. � Establishes and maintains productivity standards of patients services delivery consistent with Hospice standards.
Physical Demands � Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs). � Manual dexterity and mobility. � Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. � Occasional standing/walking. � Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. Vision Requirements � Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
Working Conditions � Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances � Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment � Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens � Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens � Handles emergency or crisis situations � Occasionally subjected to irregular hours � Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases � Subject to many interruptions Licensure � Requires licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist Minimum Experience � Sufficient previous experience in all areas of the lab
Pay Range: $38.94 - $60.36
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an employee’s qualifications and experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Clinical Lab Scientist Full Time Days Job ID: 2305002859 Date posted: 11/14/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Lead Clinical Lab Scientist, Blood Bank. Full Time Days Job ID: 2305002861 Date posted: 11/14/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Pharmacist Per Diem Rotate Job ID: 2205011101 Date posted: 10/13/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet