House Supervisor Nursing Admin Per Diem Nights
Job ID: 2305051564-2
Date posted: 01/03/2024
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you’ll benefit from:
- A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
- A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
The role of the administrative supervisor is to assist physicians, employees, patients and visitors with issues that require assistance at the supervisory level. Aid in patient care and assist employees as relief coverage for rest and meal breaks.
- Coordinates staffing for nursing in acute patient care areas. Assigns nursing and ancillary staff to nursing unit is according to patient care needs and competency of staff.
- Communicates to nursing and hospital administration matters requiring immediate action. Communication is timely and appropriate.
- Assures contract staff has appropriate credentials, orientation and evaluation date completed. Audits registry invoices and approves for payment. All data required for use of contract staff and services is complete.
- Promotes professionalism in staff and fosters teamwork on all units. Responsible for rounding on all acute inpatient units within the hospital at least 3 times per shift or more if necessary.
- Maintains current nursing practice through attendance at education programs, seminars or continuing education.
- Assures nursing license is current, with no lapse in documentation as well as in good standing with the state board of registered nursing.
- Demonstrates competence in caring for patients in the areas of infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Patients/families will be treated with compassion, dignity and respect at all times. May need to accept and care for patients when absolutely necessary due to decreased staffing or in an emergent situation.
- Accountable for the safety of staff, patients and visitors and follows the service excellence standards set forth by the hospital.
- Ensures that departments operate within or above guidelines that are established by regulatory/review agencies. Demonstrates a clear understanding and compliance of Title XXII, The Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements that are applicable to the department’s key functions.
- Manages nursing staff of the acute patient care hospital and infusion clinic.
- Staff receives clear decisions and communication that supports the organizational strategic plan and is consistent with sound management practices.
- Makes rounds throughout the acute care hospital serving as a nursing administrative supervisor and resource staff.
- Completes death packets on expired patients, makes timely notifications to donor alliance and the coroner’s office.
- Acts as a pharmacy liaison after normal business hours, weekends and holidays when a pharmacist is not on campus.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures of the hospital and serves as a valuable resource for all staff.
- Rounds on patients, families, and staff. Resolves issues in a timely manner and performs service recovery when necessary.
- After hours, weekends, holidays will assume the role of incident commander, making the initial notifications to administration, until the proper assigned individual arrives during a mass casualty or emergency to assume the role of incident commander.
- Moderate physical effort (lifts and carries up to 50 lbs.)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Contact with patients and families under a wide variety of circumstances
- Exposure to unpleasant elements ( accidents, illnesses, injuries, possible death)
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases, as well as blood borne pathogens
- May have to perform emergent care for patients and families
- Requires judgment/action which could result in the death of a patient
- Subject to numerous interruptions by phone calls, visitors, staff etc.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Minimum Education/ Certification and / or experience:
- Required - Associate Degree in Nursing, Preferred - Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- 5 years’ experience as an RN in an acute care setting
- Previous nursing supervisory experience preferred
- Current California Registered Nursing license, current ACLS, PALS and BLS certification
Pay range: $49.69 - $77.02 an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program.
Follow the link below for additional information.
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees
working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers.
We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place
at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many
dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians
foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we
serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path,
and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a
Community Built on Care.
Opportunities Across Tenet