Search Open Positions
Licensed Vocational Nurse Emergency Department Full Time Nights
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you’ll benefit from:
•A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
•A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
•A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
- Evaluates patients on admission and initiates appropriate intervention for patients of all ages.
- Procedures and interventions are appropriately prioritized and completed within 20 minutes. Care is delivered within the structure of the job description.
- Care is given in collaboration with patient, family and other team members. Demonstrates understanding of team approach to patient care.
- Effectively identifies predictable problems, assess patient’s response to care and takes appropriate, timely actions.
- Assists with exams and procedures without prompting demonstrating knowledge of department policy and procedure.
- Participates in PI program meeting deadlines for studies. Verbalizes understanding of department and district PI plan. Changes practices in response to PI actions.
- All documentation is on correct forms, is complete, legible, correct and current.
- Cleans and prepares treatment areas between patients. Assures supplies and equipment are in working order.
- Identifies and intervenes on issues of patient, visitor, and staff safety.
- Takes and gives directions effectively. Communicates problems effectively in the appropriate forum
- All evaluations and interventions reflect knowledge of department policy, procedure and are in tandem with job description
- Attends staff meetings, reads email and other key documents. Responds to inquiries promptly.
- Has department project. Gives 2 department specific in-services/year and attends 12.
- Accepts professional responsibility and accountability for professional actions. Uses critical thinking skills in daily practice.
- Promotes teamwork by participating with the healthcare team. Communicates appropriately and effectively.
- Keeps families informed appropriately. Complaints are investigated and reported.
- Post high school vocational/specialized training
- Current California Vocational Nurse license
- California IV Certification
- Current BLS certification
- 2-4 years experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in acute care preferred
- 1 year experience in an emergency department preferred
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.