Manager RN Clinical Informatics Full Time Days
- Job ID 2005039748
- Date posted 11/19/2020
- Facility Hi-Desert Medical Center
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Informatics (CI) Manager will provide leadership in the implementation, integration, and ongoing evolution of clinical information systems at the hospital. This individual serves as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, and Information Technology (IT) to align clinical and IT standards with department workflow, processes, and policies. The CI Manager acts as a change agent for hospital leaders and clinicians to promote adoption of new processes and technologies and achievement and sustainment of expected benefits and is comfortable in moving the organization out of its comfort zone to achieve excellence. The CI Manager demonstrates a clear understanding of the Tenet standards and Applied Clinical Informatics (ACI) vision and guiding principles and can articulate the big clinical picture to hospital audiences.
The CI Manager will report to the hospital Chief Nursing Officer with dotted line to the Regional CI Director in the Applied Clinical Informatics department.
Leadership and Collaboration
Facilitates the implementation of Tenet clinical information systems and workflow in accordance with Tenet standards
Collaborates with Tenet ACI teams to assess and communicate hardware/software needs to support clinical systems
Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, clinicians, hospital administrators, ancillary departments and others to ensure that EHR and other clinical initiatives support patient-centered best practices
Provides interdisciplinary leadership throughout the organizations on all clinical initiatives that support Tenet standards and goals
Facilitates communications among hospital IT, Help Desk or Tenet ACI and end users to resolve issues and ensure continuity in clinical processes, e.g., downtime events, change management requests, etc.
Effectively communicates changes in standard, practice, or functionality to key stakeholders
Works with hospital leadership, department managers, clinicians and physicians to facilitate problem-solving and ongoing communication through the hospital Clinical Process Improvement Committee (CPIC).
Assists in the development of the CPIC agenda to address interdisciplinary workflow, process, and policy decisions needing CPIC attention
Serves as a member of the Hospital Steering Committee and escalates issues as needed
Works with hospital communication resources, the hospital sponsor, and physician champion to craft communications to hospital staff and physicians as needed
Optimization and Support
Serves as the hospital conduit for submission and status monitoring of non-maintenance clinical related change requests, working with Department Heads, CPIC, IT support, and ASC standards teams.
Works with ACI to facilitate completion of periodic change and optimization assessments in the hospital
Follows through with Adoption and Sustainment Scorecard results to ensure identified risks are managed through CPIC and communicated to the Hospital Steering Committee
Assists Department Managers in monitoring reports for compliance, quality and performance measures
Collaborates with Clinical Quality in meeting Meaningful Use targets from a system optimization and workflow perspective
Works in partnership with clinicians to optimize clinical workflow through the utilization of information systems, information management reports and technologies
Oversees (through CPIC) the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to clinical system workflows and processes
Organizational Change Management and Value Realization
Employs ACI change management methods to promote adoption and sustainment of IMPACT program benefits.
Works with Hospital Steering and CPIC to develop change strategies for ensuring adoption of new technologies and mitigating risks to achieving intended benefits and federal Meaningful Use criteria.
Training and Support
Works with the hospital training lead to ensure system upgrades and training refreshers are incorporated into ongoing hospital orientation and training
Assists with development of a network of super-users for ongoing staff support and education
Assesses staff s understanding in using the clinical systems, post implementation, and make recommendations as needed, relative to performance, compliance and/or training
Depending on the size and complexity of the hospital, this position will supervise an additional Clinical Informaticist and/or Clinical Informatics Assistant
This position will indirectly supervise the activities of the department super users
Informatics Skill Development
Remains current on advances in the areas of Electronic Health Record and Clinical Informatics;
- Participates in industry informatics forums
- Attends the annual Tenet Clinical Informatics Academy
- Credentialed Registered Nurse with a Baccalaureate degree in nursing. Masters degree in a related health care field an asset, but not required.
- Clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and professional demeanor. Must be regarded as a role model to elevate the role of Clinical Informatics at the hospital and within Tenet. Hospital management experience recommended.
- Required for Manager level: Experience in acute care electronic health record and computerized physician order entry implementation throughout the project life-cycle, performing workflow analysis, testing, training, go-live support, system upgrades, and issues management.
- Experience in organizational/behavior change management methodologies or principles; passion for excellence and ability to move organizations out of their comfort zone to achieve excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a customer service focus
- Effective organizational, research, time management and priority setting skills
- Experience in conducting evaluations and assessments, i.e. change readiness assessments, workflow optimization assessments, etc.
- Strong conceptual skills, with demonstrated knowledge and skill in problem-solving, decision-making and critical-thinking
- Demonstrated ability to function both autonomously and collaboratively within a team; networks with colleagues and industry forums to leverage knowledge
- Good understanding of Tenet clinical standards and integration of technology
- Vision sees the big picture and can represent the Tenet standards and ACI vision and guiding principles
- Competent user of Microsoft Office products
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.