Search Open Positions
Pharmacist Per Diem Rotate
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you�ll benefit from:
� A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
� A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professional
Provides services to medical, nursing and pharmacy staff. Provides prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals and compound medications, according to professional standards and practices. Pharmacist will assume PIC responsibilities.
1. Compounds, labels and packages medications and pharmaceuticals..
2. Consults with and advises medical staff personnel regarding utilization of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
3. Ensures secure storage of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis.
4. Monitors for contraindications, incompatibilities, allergies, and dosage errors.
5. Performs both clinical and dispensing activities safely and correctly.
6. Educates on use of various medications including dosage, side effects and compositions when necessary or requested.
7. Supervises ancillary personnel, requires understanding of all requirements of technicians.
8. Conducts Drug Utilization Reviews and prepares Drug Review criteria for medical staff review and approval.
9. Monitors drug therapy as assigned by medical staff; suggests alternate drug therapy when appropriate.
10. Participates in QA review; regularly documents inspection of all medication.
11. Prepares clear and concise clinical in-services for use by nurses, medical staff or pharmacy.
12. Dispenses medications and controls medication administration and drug distribution in patient care areas and the pharmacy.
13. Acts as liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning prescriptions, orders drugs, and pharmaceutical detail, adverse drug reactions, patient reactions, errors and complaints.
14. Ensures delivery of quality pharmacy services for inpatients, outpatient, and employees. Provides patient education or counseling when necessary or requested.
15. Checks stock on a regular basis to identify and reorder outdated stock and ensure that stock is maintained in accordance with manufacturer requirements.
� Bachelor�s Degree
� Completion of internship
� Completion of 5 year program from accredited school of pharmacy
� CA License and Registration as required
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Pay Range: $59.24 - $94.79
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an employee’s qualifications and experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST Full Time Nights Job ID: 2305003112 Date posted: 11/15/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Clinical Lab Scientist Full Time Days Job ID: 2305002859 Date posted: 11/14/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Lead Clinical Lab Scientist, Blood Bank. Full Time Days Job ID: 2305002861 Date posted: 11/14/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet