Search Open Positions
Physical Therapist Assistant Per Diem Days
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you’ll benefit from:
A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Under supervision of a Physical Therapist, performs treatments and provides exercise instruction and demonstration for patients.
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program and safety standards.
2. Assists the Physical Therapist during patient testing and complex procedures.
3. Will perform treatment plan as provided by the Physical Therapist with supervision as according Practice Act.
4. Carries out a program of corrective exercises and treatment for assigned patients as determined by evaluation performed by Physical Therapist.
5. Instructs patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes, braces and prosthetic devices.
6. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
7. Attends required number of departmental meetings per year.
8. Attends patient care staffing conferences and other related meetings.
9. Maintains active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
10. Administers physical therapy care programs or portions of programs as directed by a registered physical therapist.
11. Determines staff training needs and schedules in-service education programs.
12. Maintains open communication with Physical Therapist regarding patients performance and progress.
13. Accurately documents patient condition in patient records.
14. Communicates observations, facts and comments with interdisciplinary team members, individually and thorough team meeting presentations as is appropriate.
15. Performs above primary duties for ages adolescent thru older adult.
1. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases, body fluids and wastes.
2. Heavy physical effort including lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
3. Prolonged standing/walking, bending and squatting.
4. Must be able to lift, position and transfer patients/residents and equipment.
5. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
1. Handles emergency or crises situations.
1. Associates Degree
2. Accredited program in Physical Therapy
3. License and Registration as required.
Pay range: $40.89 Minimum - $55.03 Maximum an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305024255
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Speech Therapist Infant Hearing Screening Full Time Days Bonus Job ID: 2305033609-1 Date posted: 08/01/2023 Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
- Physical Therapy Assistant Home Health Per Diem Days Job ID: 2105036975-11 Date posted: 12/30/2021 Facility: Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
- Physical Therapist Full Time Days Sign on Bonus Job ID: 2205000736-11 Date posted: 08/31/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet