Search Open Positions
Rad Tech Advanced Full Time Nights
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you�ll benefit from:
- A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
- A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
- A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Key Result Areas
- The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability , and assumes responsibility for the qualify of work performed.
- Follows district rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certifiation, and authorization required for employment.Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately.
- Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area.
- Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
- The employee workes independentaly and requests assistance/direction when needed.
- Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area.
- Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
- The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes work assignments.
- Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner.
- Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses district resources appropriately.
- Meets or exceeds district rules on attendance and tardiness.
- The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
- The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to lean job related skills, policies and procedures.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist, the Radiologic Technologist Advanced shall provide radiographic services to patients. The technologist shall operate imaging equipment, image processing, prepare radiographic exam rooms, and maintain equipment and supplies. The technologist shall provide imaging service utilizing various modalities and in multiple environments including the Operating Suites, the Patient Room, Outpatient Imaging facilities, the Emergency Department and in the Department of Radiology. The Radiologic Technologist's performance and behavior shall be both reflective and supportive of the Mission Statement and Core Values of the hospital. Demographic information limited Patient Health Information as related to job function.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Properly establish / confirm patient identity, verify Physicians order and obtain relevant patient history.
- Educate patient and explain procedure.
- Transfer patient to table and position patient for exam to be performed.
- Continually monitor patient for safety and comfort, respect patient privacy.
- Practice proper technique, positioning and radiation safety to keep exposures ALARA
- Monitor all images for the highest possible quality.
- Continually display professional communication skills and behavior toward all patients, family members and staff members.
- Constantly display satisfactory working knowledge of all radiographic equipment and use equipment in appropriate and safe manner.
- Be proficient with all department equipment and systems, Computerized Radiography, CT, Information Systems, and PACS and document all relevant information appropriately into systems as required.
- Demonstrate clinical competence, initiative and professionalism at all times.
- Adhere to all department and hospital policies, including, but not limited to: time and attendance, dress codes, Kronos, documentation of credentials and the use of image markers.
- Transport patients and assist other modalities with transportation of patients when necessary.
- Other duties as requested by Director as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited two year school of Radiologic Technology
- ARRT Registration
- State and fluoroscopy licensure required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, physicians, visitors, and other staff members
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required (maintain current at all times)
- State of California fluoroscopic permit, exam eligible within 90 days.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Pay Range: $37.04 - $49.78
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an employee’s qualifications and experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST Full Time Nights Job ID: 2305003112 Date posted: 11/15/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Clinical Lab Scientist Full Time Days Job ID: 2305002859 Date posted: 11/14/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Lead Clinical Lab Scientist, Blood Bank. Full Time Days Job ID: 2305002861 Date posted: 11/14/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet