Search Open Positions
RAD Tech Full Time Days
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you’ll benefit from:
• A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
• A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professional
Performs all types of general diagnostic radiological procedures and general fluoroscopic procedures as required of the position of Radiologic Technologist. Additionally, Radiologic Technologist (Advanced) performs interventional procedures to a level of competency as demonstrated to the Director or Chief Radiologic Technologist. Performs basic, non-interventional CT procedures, to include head, thorax, abdomen, pelvis, spine and extremity examinations. Competency in general diagnostic, interventional and basic non-interventional CT will be assessed by testing, demonstration and/or direct observation. Position reports to Chief Radiologic Technologist. Maintains quality assurance and performance improvement activities within the department as directed. Complies with all Joint Commission, federal, state and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols. Requires excellent customer service skills.
1. Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to
minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
2. Responsible for safe handling of equipment..
3. Instructs and prepares patients for radiologic, fluoroscopic, interventional and CT procedures.
4. Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
5. Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
6. Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician
contact for intervention.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces
the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
8. Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures such as
interventional procedures, intra-operative procedures and basic (non-interventional) CT
9. Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes radiographs for a variety of
10. Completes all necessary PACS functions to assure timely presentation of images to radiologists.
11. Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
12. Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
13. Assists in maintaining files.
14. Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel.
15. Takes standby call on a rotational basis.
16. Interacts professionally with patient/family.
17. Completes all tasks in a timely fashion.
18. Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including newborn, pediatric,
geriatric and general population.
19. Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
20. Completes annual educational requirements.
21. Maintains regulatory requirements.
22. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
23. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
24. Consistently completes and maintains assigned duties; maintains PAR levels.
25. Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
26. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
27. Attends at least __75%___ of staff meetings, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting
28. Maintains hospital requirements, policies and standards on confidentiality.
29. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
30. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI)
activities as directed.
31. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
32. Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital and the Medical Imaging
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
• Frequent prolonged standing/walking
• Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs)
• Manual dexterity mobility
• Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
• Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
• Works in precarious or high locations (ladders, scaffolding, etc.)
• High School graduate; BS degree preferred.
• Graduation from an approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
• Certified by the State of California to administer radiation.
• Current BLS certification.
• Minimum of three (3) continuous years experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer knowledge.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet