Search Open Positions
Registered Nurse ICU Per Diem Nights
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
Per Diem, 12 Hour, Night Shift
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you’ll benefit from:
A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Assists with patient care in an intensive environment.
1. Nursing care is performed according to procedure and HDMHCD policy.
2. Administers IV via IM, SC, ID, medications/fluids in a safe, therapeutic manner.
3. Performs therapeutic measures as prescribed by a physician.
4. Performs and documents initial and ongoing health assessment screening of patient including social and physica aspects, maintaining appropriate records of observations, nursing care administered and patient response.Documents ongoing health assessment screening of patients, patient’s condition, treatments and responses.
5. Communicates and consults with physicians and other health care professionals in an effective manner.
6. Participates in staff development programs and department meetings.
7. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing LVN’s, CNA’s and students. Plans, supervises, evaluates and instructs Patient Care Technicians.
8. Maintains appropriate records of observations, nursing care administered and patient response.
9. Develops an appropriate plan of care for each patient including assessment planning, intervention and continuous evaluation. Ensures an adequate system of internal controls.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias interpretation and interventions according to physician orders
and ACLS protocols. All arrhythmias are assessed promptly and intervention carried out when appropriate.
11. Proficient in assisting with procedures and maintaining invasive lines and critical care equipment, i.e.,
pulmonary artery and arterial lines, pacemakers, etc. and serves as a resource for staff in clinical matters. Provides clinical guidance to nursing staff when needed. Assists with invasive procedures and maintainsinvasive lines and equipment, interprets information gathered and intervenes appropriately.
12. Has mastered competency checklist/exam for specific clinical areas. Demonstrated competency annually specific clinical area.
13. Has mastered competency checklist/exam for specific clinical areas. Demonstrated competency annually in specific clinical area.
Current CA RN license
Current BLS Certification
1 year Acute Care experience preferred
Dysrhythmia interpretation course or demonstrated competency in interpretation of dysrhythmias