Search Open Positions
RN Full Time Days Home Health
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
Hi-Desert Home Health is a part of the Desert Care Network, and is based in Joshua Tree, California, on the Hi-Desert Medical Center campus. We cover a large area, serving patients from Twentynine Palms to Indio. As we are growing, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our Home Health team. Under general supervision, this position is assigned to provide skilled nursing care to patients in their homes, following the orders of the attending physician, and functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
1. Evaluate and assess the patient and his/her home environment.
2. Communicate with the physician and other team members in order to develop and coordinate the care plan and to report any changes in the patient’s condition.
3. Assist in implementing the patient’s care plan.
4. Maintain current, accurate documentation in the client’s medical record.
5. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
6. Maintain health care instruction to the patient as appropriate.
7. Serve as the liaison between the patient, support staff and physician.
8. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops pertaining to home care.
9. Attend required number of departmental meetings per year.
10. Direct and supervise home health aides.
11. Demonstrates sensitivity and competence in the care of ill adult and patients relative to determining each patient’s age related physical, psychological and cultural needs.
• Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school.
• 1 year of experience as an RN, preferably in a home setting
• CPR Certification
• California RN license
• Valid CA Driver’s license
• Current automobile insurance.
• Courses in Home Health and/or Hospice
• Public Health Nurse Training
• Prior supervisory experience of Aides preferred
• Knowledge of use of Personal Computer
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
• Lifts supplies/equipment
• Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
• Lifting requirement 25#
• Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking