RN ICU Full Time Nights
- Job ID 2005018644
- Date posted 06/26/2020
- Facility Hi-Desert Medical Center
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you ll benefit from:
A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Assists with patient care in an intensive environment.
1. Nursing care is perfor med according to procedure and HDMHCD policy.
2. Administers IV via IM, SC, ID, medications/fluids in a safe, therapeutic manner.
3. Performs therapeutic measures as prescribed by a physician.
4. Performs and documents initial and ongoing health assessment screening of patient including social and physical
aspects, maintaining appropriate records of observations, nursing care administered and patient response.
Documents ongoing health assessment screening of patients, patient s condition, treatments and responses.
5. Communicates and consults with physicians and other health care professionals in an effective manner.
6. Participates in staff development programs and department meetings.
7. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing LVN s, CNA s and students. Plans, supervises, evaluates and
instructs Patient Care Technicians.
8. Maintains appropriate records of observations, nursing care administered and patient response.
9. Develops an appropriate plan of care for each patient including assessment planning, intervention and continuous
evaluation. Ensures an adequate system of internal controls.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias interpretation and interventions according to physician orders
and ACLS protocols. All arrhythmias are assessed promptly and intervention carried out when appropriate.
11. Proficient in assisting with procedures and maintaining invasive lines and critical care equipment, i.e.,
pulmonary artery and arterial lines, pacemakers, etc. and serves as a resource for staff in clinical matters.
Provides clinical guidance to nursing staff when needed. Assists with invasive procedures and maintains
invasive lines and equipment, interprets information gathered and intervenes appropriately.
12. Has mastered competency checklist/exam for specific clinical areas. Demonstrated competency annually in
specific clinical area.
13. Has mastered competency checklist/exam for specific clinical areas. Demonstrated competency annually in
specific clinical area.
Current CA RN license
Current BLS Certification
Associate s Degree
1 year Acute Care experience preferred
Dysrhythmia interpretation course or demonstrated competency in interpretation of dysrhythmias
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.