RN Manager Emergency Department Full Time Days
- Job ID 2005016740
- Date posted 06/05/2020
- Facility Hi-Desert Medical Center
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you ll benefit from:
A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
The manager of nursing will have responsibility over the day to day operations of the units under his/her supervision. S/he will be responsible for the staffing and coordination of patient care for all units. The manager will coordinate schedules, assess and evaluate nursing staff and lead the patient experience and quality initiatives related to nursing services.
1. Implement the selection of accountability measure sets selected by the hospital Leadership (Example,
Core Measures, HCAHPS, CALNOC, CA Heath Engagement Network (HEN).
2. Assure participation and achievement of hospital goals in processes monitored by Medicare and Medicaid Services
(CMS), and Joint Commission Accountability Measures.
3. Ensures all staff meet annual requirements for licensure, certifications, and skills updates.
4. Develops / revises and monitors compliance of policies and procedures for departmental operations.
5. Identifies department indicators for performance improvement and provides data.
6. Ensures staff comply with National Patient Safety Goals.
7. Recruits and hires staff to meet department needs.
8. Maintains effective communication with other departments, and medical staff.
9. Maintains a work environment that promotes team work and staff growth.
10. Knowledge of TJC, and Title 22, Policies, Procedures and Nursing practice within the level of care are congruent with regulatory agency standards.
11. Directs staffing and scheduling of nursing units by anticipating needs, interviewing and plans training for staff.
Ensures adequate staffing patterns and schedules staff in a fair, objective manner.
12. Evaluates personnel performance and provides written documentation at required intervals. All performance
evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
13. Facilitates Quality Improvement Program to monitor nursing practice in department. Monitoring is consistent with
hospital QI plan and the Scope of Service for that unit / department.
14. Remains current in nursing practice by attending education programs. Displays an awareness of current theory and
assists staff in keeping current in knowledge.
15. Assures staff attendance at orientation and education programs. All new employees are oriented to service of
department prior to being scheduled independently. Regular in-services are offered and attended.
16. Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for unit / department and the recommendations of the staff and physicians are taken into consideration. Policies and procedures are developed, maintained, and adhered to as required.
17. Establishes and attends to budget for unit / department and the recommendations of the staff and physicians are taken into consideration.
18. Inspects use and condition of equipment and supplies, and cleanliness of department.
19. Maintains a spirit of cooperation among all members of unit / department.
20. Coordinates the unit / department schedule, plans appropriate staffing, equipment and instruments needed.
21. Identifies interdepartmental problems and works towards satisfactory solutions.
22. Manages resources of the department consistent with the organization s strategic plan and fiscal plans. Annual
objectives for the department are established and achieved that support the organization s strategic plan, mission,
vision and goals. Employees and other effected parties are involved in the department planning process.
23. Collaborates with leaders throughout HDMC to ensure the lines of communication remain open and the continuity of
care and high quality of care remains a priority at HDMC.
24. Collaborate with immediate supervisor, Director to ensure all responsibilities of the director are being met and are
in line with the strategic goals of HDMC.
Assumes other duties as required or directed
Required Current California RN License
Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP
5 years RN experience
Charge Nurse and/or Supervisor Experience
Associates Degree in Nursing and/or Bachelor s Degree in Nursing
Bachelor s in Nursing
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.