Search Open Positions
Surgical Tech Labor and Delivery FT Nights
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where you’ll benefit from:
• A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
• A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professional
The Surgical Technician assists with patient care in a Surgery environment.
- Knowledge of basic surgical practices and techniques including asepsis. Able to perform procedures in a sterile manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scrubbing. Passes instruments, sponges, and sutures to surgeon and assistants as needed, and places all tubing and cords so they are secure, and convenient for the surgeon.
- Ability to assemble all equipment used during procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the cleaning and sterilizing procedures of all surgical instruments. Able to perform cleaning and sterilizing procedures on all instruments and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and work effectively with other members of the surgical team.
- Assists with lifting and moving patients
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25lbs)
- Occasional prolonged standing/walking
- Occasionally lifts supplies and equipment
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Contact with patient under wide variety of circumstances
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
- May be exposed to\occasionally exposed to patient elements
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patients
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Post High School Vocational /Specialized training
- 1 year experience as a Scrub Tech preferred
- CST Preferred
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Full Time Days ICU Job ID: 2305005609 Date posted: 12/08/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery Full Time Nights Job ID: 2305004631 Date posted: 12/05/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
- RN Labor and Delivery Full Time Nights Job ID: 2305004632 Date posted: 12/07/2022 Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet