Clinical Lab Scientist Part-Time Rotate
- Job ID 2105016214
- Date posted 05/03/2021
- Facility Lakewood Regional Medical Center
$5k sign on
Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of the surrounding community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to urology, we’ve received many designations for quality care. Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. We’re committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need help.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Lab Manager and the Laboratory Manager, collects and prepares various body fluids for testing, performs, records and interprets testing results. A Med. Tech. may be assigned to oversee a specific department of the laboratory where he/she would be responsible for the day to day operations of that department. This position serves patients in and out of the hospital of all ages. This position has limited authority over phlebotomy and clerical staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or Medical Technology or related specialty.
- One year of practical experience as a licensed Medical Technologist active in all testing areas of the laboratory or equivalent on job training for equal period of time.
- Must be completely competent in the applications of basic and advanced laboratory testing in all departments and demonstrate command of statistical principles governing documentation of the accuracy of laboratory test procedures.
- Current California Medical Laboratory Technologist license.
- 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.