Search Open Positions
RN Case Manager Per Diem Rotate
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of the surrounding community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to urology, we’ve received many designations for quality care. Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. We’re committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need help.
The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating patient care activities to conform to evidence-based practice and /or regulatory/payor requirements. This position integrates functions typically considered to be case management, care coordination and/or utilization management, and discharge planning assessment.
As such, the individual’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following activities:
- coordinating care; planning for discharge needs and arrangements, including leading multidisciplinary discharge planning teams and assessing patients for discharge planning needs;
- reviewing utilization patterns; referring complex social issues to social work;
- managing concurrent denials; coordinating weekly Complex Case Review; collecting clinical process and outcomes data, including Ecare;
- communicating with patients and their families around plan of care; assisting with physician documentation; arranging for patient education;
- communicating and collaborating with physicians, their office staff and staff of ancillary departments (e.g., lab, pharmacy);
- Assist with ensuring accuracy of patient demographic and insurance information; and
- Assisting with making the appropriate referrals to other departments (e.g., PT/OT/ST).
- Current CA RN license
- Conversant knowledge and experience with case management, care coordination, and/or utilization review
- Demonstrate the ability in collaborating with physicians
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities of a diverse group of people