RN Med Surg Part Time Days
- Job ID 2005013665
- Date posted 06/02/2020
- Facility Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of the surrounding community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to urology, we ve received many designations for quality care. Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. We re committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need help.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation while meeting competently all safe expectations of a nurse.
Technical and Job Specific Skill:
- Telephone Skills: Must demonstrate hospital telephone etiquette by answering the phones promptly, courteously and by identifying department and self.
- Policy/Procedures: Is aware of and follows all hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Teamwork: Promotes positive co-worker relationships through teamwork and cooperation. Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with co-workers, physicians, and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
- Productivity: Maintains high productivity and performs efficiently regardless of whether the work volume is high or low. Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude. Makes decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance. Exercises good judgment and arrives at sound decisions.
- Functions independently on usual unit. Seeks guidance when new/complex situations occur.
- Demonstrates clinical competency and technical skills for general and specialty population.
- Floats to other areas outside of expertise with orientation & adjusted assignment based on validated competency (DOU to CCU).
- Cares for patients of varied acuity levels.
- Applies theoretical knowledge in clinical practice for the assessment of patients. Applies assessment skills to patient care.
- Consistently identifies obvious and subtle patient/ family problems.
- Develops and implements age/culturally appropriate care plan with patient and family.
- Contributes to written plan of care for actual and potential patient problems.
- Develops & implements nursing interventions with patient and family.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient rounds.
- Interprets and reports obvious and subtle data which indicate that the patient may be at immediate physiological risk.
- Evaluate outcomes with the individual and family and revises plan of care. Evaluates patient s response to treatments, further intervenes, if necessary.
- Identifies subtle educational needs for pt/family. Individualizes and implements established teaching plans using available instructional materials. Evaluates learning and seeks consultation to modify education plan.
- Safely administers medications and IVs appropriately, according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Meets care needs for patient and family, including age specific requirements, cultural and religious needs.
- Delegates and supervises assigned assistants based on job description and Scope of Practice. Provides constructive feedback to assistant regarding work performance.
- Attends 50 % of Staff meetings. Participates in meetings. Supports unit goals.
- Knows and recognizes importance of hospital PI process. Participates in data collection and problem identification.
- Provides feedback to appropriate committees regarding practice issues, process improvement. Attends at least one additional meeting.
- Able to discuss current care delivery system.
- Implements hospital policies & procedures. Refers to P&P manuals or consults charge nurse or manager when unfamiliar situation occurs. Forwards concerns/issues regarding policies to appropriate leadership personnel.
- Enhances self-development in own area of practice. Identifies, develops and implements an action plan for self-development along with nurse manager or designee during evaluation process.
- Participates in learning activities to obtain skills needed for assigned unit.
- Demonstrates positive image of nursing while practicing on the unit.
- Meets minimum scheduling requirements. Willing to adjust personal schedule to meet department/ hospital need.
- Attends all mandatory courses as designated by the hospital.
- Assists in the development of LVN and unlicensed personnel. Addresses issues as identified and communicates to subordinates. If needed, obtains assistance from more experienced staff.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and participates in data collection.
- Assesses patient/family understanding of their rights.
- Acts to uphold patient rights.
- Treats all patients, families and co-workers in a polite and respectful manner.
- Encourages participation in decision-making.
- Recognizes barriers to communication and seeks expertise to resolve.
- Implements caring and supportive care.
Performs any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
Training and Experience:
- Current RN License
- Current BLS Provider
- ONS chemotherapy certification
Preferred: Acute hospital experience
ONS Chemotherapy certification required or employee will receive within 90 days of new hire
Unit Specific Technical Skills:
- Care of the patient with radiation implants.
- Care of the dialysis patient.
- Care of the patient receiving chemotherapy.
- Knowledge and competency for care of the pre-op and post-op surgical patient.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.