Patient Service Center Lead Representative-Remote
- Job ID 2005030782
- Date posted 10/02/2020
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions?Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Patient Services Center Lead must demonstrate broad knowledge of departmental scheduling and financial clearance processes.The Lead must also demonstrate and display leadership skills while performing a wide range of duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include but not be limited to: performing all the responsibilities of a Patient Service Center Representative I through III.The Lead will be responsible for driving team performance and accountability and lead operations in the absence of the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
Provides daily support/mentoring/training to new hires as well as existing PSC staff (both Financial Clearance and Scheduling functions)
Leads the team in meeting unit specific Service Line Agreements (i.e.: Abandonment rate less than 5%, and/or inventory days greater than 5 days)
Provides assistance in managing escalated issues as needed
Enforces departmental policies, practices, procedures and work rules in accordance with approved department and hospital policies.Assists in the development and implementation of new policies according to hospital and corporate guidelines
Other duties as assigned based on departmental needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a production driven call-center environment
- Familiarity with working with dual computer monitors (may be required to use dual monitors)
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have working knowledge of Windows based computer environment
- Ability to multitask in multiple systems (financial clearance and scheduling) simultaneously
- Extensive multitasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required:High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Two plus years of college(two years in a professional, customer service-driven environment may substitute for two years of college), completion of related medical certification program
- 2-4 years of experience in a call center environment preferred
- Preferred:2-4 years of experience in healthcare industry
- Preferred: medical industry knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment