- Job ID 1905008993
- Date posted 11/15/2019
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for performing the payment application functions within the Reimbursement and Cash Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs manual and electronic posting functions for all Managed Care, Commercial and Government payors for all patient accounts, including cash balancing and reconciliation of bank deposits.
- Maintains knowledge of insurance rejection/denial processing and appropriately posts information for collection and follow-up activity.
- Maintains daily cash log within excel tracking payment posting completion level
- Post payment corrections, payment transfers, NSF s, inter-facility transfers,
- Payroll deductions and any other cash transactions for A/R accounts according to established guidelines.
- Research and clear Unapplied Accounts (bank, MCare, MCaid) using established Identification function/process.
- Reconciles bank and special accounts which may include: research, payment transfer or payment refund.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Tenet systems a plus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service attitude and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Good math, analytical and problem solving skills
- Data entry and 10-key by touch
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of related experience; payment posting a plus