Search Open Positions
HIM Lead Specialist - FT Days in Lincoln, NE - $1,000 Sign-on bonus
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
JOB SUMMARY: Assists with overseeing functions of associates in the file room, archives, distribution center or release of information and physicians’ incomplete records area of the Health Information Management. Assist with training new hired associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prioritizes workflow and assigns other tasks to associates when volumes are down.
- Carries out functions daily to ensure all areas are covered for essential workflow.
- Assists with overseeing functions of the associates in the file room, archives, distribution center, physician incomplete records and release of information areas in the department
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and accessibility of patient medical records.
- Assists with scheduling to ensure coverage for all shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Assists with training new hired associates.
- Performs functions in the absence of associates.
- Resolves problems and concerns and reports issues to Operation Manager or Director
- Assists in requesting and receiving department supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet departmental needs
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Privacy and Security – demonstrates an understanding of the importance of providing privacy and security of all patient information
- Vital Statistics – demonstrates an understanding of birth certificate and paternity acknowledgement processing
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Three (3) or more years’ experience in a hospital Health Information Management Department
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pleasant inside environment
- Light physical effort
- Intense mental concentration stress
- The ideal candidate will have previous Health Information Management experience and Birth Certificate processing
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Access Representative II Job ID: 2205023164 Date posted: 06/25/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Access Representative II Job ID: 2205023163 Date posted: 06/25/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Access Registrar 11pm-7am night shift instead of 3am-11am Job ID: 2205013632 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet