Search Open Positions
Case Management Office Coordinator Per Diem Days
Los Alamitos Medical Center is a 172-bed acute-care facility serving the residents of Orange County.
Los Alamitos Medical Center serves the Orange County and great Long Beach areas. Specializations include a dedicated outpatient facility that houses cancer, imaging, and infusion centers, a bi-plane catheterization lab, robot-assisted surgery capabilities, an Orthopedic Destination Center and radiation oncology physician services provided by UCLA Health. Awards and distinctions include the American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Gold+ Performance Achievement Award for Stroke with Honor Roll Elite Plus and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll and a Comprehensive Stroke Center designation by DNV-GL.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The Case Management Office Coordinator provides administrative, clerical, computer systems and computer reports support services for the Case Management staff. The Office Coordinator facilitates the administrative and clerical duties of the department. The Coordinator processes data to generate computer reports for the department activities. The Coordinator is a key member of the Case Management Team and is essential in the efficient implementation of the Case Management process as patients are moved through the continuum of care.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS/*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- TELEPHONE SKILLS – Demonstrates hospital telephone etiquette by answering the phones promptly, courteously and identifying department and self.
- POLICIES/PROCEDURES- Is aware of and follows all hospital and department policies and procedures.
- TEAM WORK- Promotes positive co-worker relationships through team work and cooperation. Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with coworkers, physicians and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
- PRODUCTIVITY –Maintains high productivity and performs efficiently regardless of whether the work volume is high or low. Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude. Makes decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance. Exercises good judgment and arrives at sound decisions.
- Documentation is accurate, complete and legible.
- Individual in this position is responsible for coording the office and computer processes and providing support to the Director of CM and CM
- Responsible for Receptionist duties in the department.
- Answers phones and distributes voice mail.
- Database maintenance, daily case management assignments/copy entire charts and mail or fax to HSAG.
- Gets patient signatures for discharge arrangements.
- Entering authorization numbers and tracking next review dates.
- Preparing reports for committees.
- Record staff meeting minutes.
- Sort and distribute mail to all staff.
- Order supplies for Case Management/Social Services Department.
- Accurate fax numbers in the system for providers and All Scripts.
- Enter submission and log movement. Provide data to revenue cycle.
- Information review: Patient data, Healthcare staff documentation related to patient care, Complete eCCM, Patient Billing System.
- Reception activities, secretarial duties, daily case management assignments.
- Generate and maintain computer reports utilizing - Word, Powerpoint and Excel with pivot tables
- Maintain effective relationships with other co-workers, physicians, payors, patients and their families.
- Faxes all communications necessary for discharge planning.
- Performs all KRONOS recordkeeping functions.
- Provides clerical reviews (completed by RN CM's) electronically to payers and refers to RN Case managers as needed.
- Maintain logs of all denials and appeals as well as all payer communications.
- Documents authorization into system. Notifies appropriate staff of billing changes or issues for follow up investigation.
- Generates and submits Medical Etars.
- Participates in departmental quality measures as required.
- Participation in departmental quality measure as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year experience with clerical duties in an acute care hospital setting or medical office
- Proficient in computer skills - Word, Powerpoint and Excel with pivot tables
- Organizational skills, appropriate for a fast pace environment, able to multitask and handle several projects and maintain deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Bachelor Degree is a plus
- Knowledge of Medicare/MediCal Regulatory requirements.
- Must be sighted and able to hear normal phone conversations
- Must have sufficient and manual dexterity to utilize computer
- Must be able to sit and stand for long period of time
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must be able to speak without impediment
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Director of Medical Staff Services Part Time Days Job ID: 2205023403 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Facility: Los Alamitos Medical Center
- Human Resources Business Partner Full Time Days Job ID: 2205023400 Date posted: 06/20/2022 Facility: Los Alamitos Medical Center
- Case Management Office Coordinator Full Time Days Job ID: 2205023404 Date posted: 06/20/2022 Facility: Los Alamitos Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet