HIM Sr Specialist - Onsite at Jewish Patient Service Center - Louiville, Kentucky
- Job ID 1805048375
- Date posted 12/15/2018
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
- Assemble medical records in the approved record order and remove all duplicate or non-legal medical record material.
- Analyze medical records for completion and assign deficiencies as needed.
- Fill out birth certificate in accordance with state law including contact with mothers and father within facility specific timeframe.
- Assist internal and outside agencies with information regarding patient records ensuring request are prioritized appropriately
- Maintain an Accounting of Disclosure log and a Production of Documents file in order to meet appropriate time frames.
- Fill all Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Privacy and Security – demonstrates an understanding of the importance of providing privacy and security of all patient information
- Vital Statistics – birth certificate and paternity acknowledgement
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital Health Information Management departmentCERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Pleasant inside environment
- Light physical effort
- Intense mental concentration stress
- Subject to exposure to infectious conditions and minor hazards such as muscle sprains, cuts, and bruises
- The ideal candidate will have previous Health Information Management experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.