Medical Office Assistant DMC Bariatric Medicine
- Job ID 2005024583
- Date posted 10/19/2020
- Facility DMC Medical Group
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for all task-based Scheduling activities.
Certified Medical Assistants and/or CNAs are highly preferred!
Manage a large caseload of patients (100 - 130 aprx.) from consultation to surgical boarding (3 to 12 month span)
Provide direction, encouragement and support on a monthly basis to each patient in the program
Obtain all supporting clinical reports and related paperwork; ensure timely completion
Return all calls within 24 hours and send correspondence in a timely manner
Ensure benefits are verified each time a patient changes insurance and patient is notified of new insurance requirements
Ensure all insurance requirements have been met as outlined by insurance company and providers
Ensure all supporting documents have been received, labeled and scanned into chart
Complete checklist in EMR ensuring date of receipt is notated and patient is informed of any test or clearance that is nearing expiration
Upon completion of all requirements, submit chart to NP for review and approval for surgery
Obtain authorization from insurance company
Cover clinic and front desk as needed
Ability to provide evening seminar coverage (6:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.) once per month
CNAs welcome to apply!
- Assist with triage of the surgical candidates when needed.
- Work with hospitals to obtain information as required for surgery scheduling.
- Educate patients about planned surgery.
- Obtain insurance authorizations as required by individual plans.
- Obtain all necessary paperwork and ensure it is completed in a timely manner.
- Work in concert with surgeons to obtain medical clearances and preoperative testing as required by hospital protocol.
- Elicit assistance from manager and surgeons when issues of assessment and/or decision points present that are outside scope of practice
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
Required: HS Diploma or GED
Preferred: Associates Degree in related field
Required: Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a physician office with previous surgery scheduling experience strongly preferred.
Preferred: Certification in one of the following: Medical Assisting or other related healthcare management/administration certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.