Search Open Positions
Medical Secretary Clinic Service Per Diem Days
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
1. Answers telephone and directs/forwards calls appropriately and takes accurate phone messages in a professional manner.
2. Obtains necessary patient demographics. Obtains prior authorizations. Schedules pretesting, surgeries, and procedures within hospital when applicable
3. Receives and obtains referrals and forwards them appropriately, when applicable.
4. Produces correspondence from dictation, drafts, etc, proofreads
5. Photocopies all documents when appropriate.
6. Open and distribute mail daily.
7. Prioritizes schedule and strives to make best use of time to ensure all assignments are completed on time.
8. Familiar with Athena reminder call system and report
9. Ability to scan insurance card in the system
10. Ability to check eligibility and verify insurance coverage for each patient
11. Check in and out patients in a professional manner
12. Project professional and friendly image at all time
13. Work as a team with all the staff, department and vendors
14. Have an understanding of all communication system including fax, phones, internet
15. Ability to open and scan document in Athena Clinical
16. Monitor the flow of messages thru Athena EMR
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Experience Required: Must be organized, always pleasant and helpful on phones, quick, efficient and accurate. Some familiarity with medical-office procedures and medical terminology important. Must be computer-literate. Flexibility to fill in for vacations and absences. Ability to work well and with others in an open office environment essential with a professional and positive attitude. Must be bi-lingual (Spanish/Portuguese).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet