Search Open Positions
Rehab Front Desk Representative
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Under general supervision of a Rehabilitation Manager and according to established Hospital policies and procedures the rehab customer service representative performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, compiling, preparing, and maintaining records, schedule management and charge entry. Possesses excellent customer service skills. Assists rehab staff in maintaining efficient and effective operations of the department. Promotes a courteous, efficient, and professional image to all customers. The Rehab customer service representative is the initial point of contact at the Rehab site and sets the tone for the patient experience in the department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, families, visitors, coworkers, physicians, insurance companies, and other employees in a manner which protects patient confidentiality and demonstrates respect.
2. Accuracy with registration, insurance authorization, billing and co pay collection. Familiar with department insurance authorization standards and procedure and assures authorization compliance. Verifies co pay for each patient and collects as appropriate.
3. Maintain schedule at specific location. Schedules appointments and manages schedule to meet department census and clinical staff availability.
4. Chart and record maintenance. Initiates, maintains, and updates patient charts, inserting appropriate forms, ancillary department reports, consults, etc. Prepares charts for medical records when patient is discharged.
5. Other duties as assigned
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Proactive, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
2. Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, while meeting established attendance expectations, and maintaining focus and productivity standards
3. Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask as well as prioritize daily assignments to ensure a smooth workflow.
4. Establishes and maintains efficient and effective office systems.
5. Prior experience in a healthcare setting and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
6. Must possess computer skills to input and retrieve clinical information, as well as patient registration and appointment information and charge entry.
1. Busy office environment often involving task prioritization.
2. Must consistently be available to work scheduled hours. This includes occasional assignment to another rehab site based
on departmental demands.
3. Resolves customer concerns, with supervision as needed. May experience extreme patient volumes and challenging customers.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 1 Year in a physician's office or hospital administrative setting.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet