Search Open Positions
Psych Referral Coordinator Per Diem Days
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Psychiatric Referral Coordinator is responsible for answering phones in the Referral and Admissions Department, initial authorization of admitted patients, calling crisis teams for potential admissions and assisting in the processes of admitted patients to the 98 psychiatric beds. Under supervision of the Regional Manager of Behavioral Health; as indicated, Coordination of referrals to Child Development Unit, Geriatric Treatment Unit and Adult Inpatient Units of Leonard Morse Hospital and St. Vincent’s Hospital, Worcester and other outpatient services in the MetroWest Medical system. Will be responsible for the triage and referral of patients in the LMH/FUH ER and will coordinate the referrals of patients at St. Vincent’s Hospital.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering phones for potentially referred patients; working with all the crisis teams in the State of Massachusetts
- Working with Nursing, Doctors and Psychiatrists regarding bed availability and appropriateness of referred patients.
- Cases referred for inpatient admissions will be coordinated with accepting service with a goal to maximize census at all times. Facilitates acceptance of patients from referring facilities and completes all required paperwork to ensure a smooth transition for the patient.
- Will work closely with the evaluating clinician regarding documentation.
- Is responsible for verifying and obtaining all initial insurance authorizations for patients referred to the Leonard Morse and St. Vincent’s Hospital inpatients units.
- Office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or related field required.
- Experience working in the mental health system is preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet