Patient Account Representative - Remote
- Job ID 2005029654
- Date posted 09/10/2020
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
We are actively seeking a PATIENT ACCOUNT REP to join the Conifer Health Solutions team!
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for all aspects of billing, follow up and collection activity.
What You'll Do
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of follow up and collections, including making telephone calls and accessing payer websites.
- Identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed.
- Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity.
- Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications.
- Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed.
- Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers.
- Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission.
- Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluation process with their Supervisor.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages as appropriate.
- Communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues.
What You Bring to the Team
-Good written and verbal communication skills
-Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook
-Intermediate knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
-Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
-Intermediate knowledge of insurance collections and insurance terminology
What You Will Need to be Successful
-High School Diploma or equivalent, some college coursework preferred
-2-4 years experience in Medical/Hospital Insurance related collections
-Experience with MassHealth, Medicaid, or EPIC preferred
-Ability to work from home (dedicated workspace and internet access)
What We Offer
At Conifer Health Solutions, we truly value our people. That's why we offer a benefits package that is more than competitive. From your health and well-being to your long-term financial security, we're as committed to your future as you are.
-Opportunities to better yourself professionally
-Health, Dental & Vision Coverage**
-401(k) retirement plan**
-Paid Time Off (PTO)**
-Company Paid Holidays**
-Employee perks and discount programs
-Employee Assistance Programs**
-Flexible Spending Account**
-Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance**
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Conifer Health Solutions after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Who We Are
At Conifer Health Solutions, we are passionate about providing the foundation for better health. As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
For more information about Conifer Health, check out our website, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Apply today! We are interviewing soon!