Search Open Positions
Clinical Laboratory Director
St. Francis Hospital Memphis
Saint Francis Hospital Memphis is a 478-bed acute care hospital dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate care to the Mid-South community. As a comprehensive medical center, Saint Francis Hospital Memphis features a broad spectrum of tertiary and acute care, outpatient services and specialty areas including Women’s Services, Surgical Services, Bariatric Center of Excellence and Behavioral Health. Other acute care areas include Emergency Room, Critical Care, Med/ Surge and Telemetry.
Laboratory Director Position Summary
Develops and manages the annual department operating and capital budgets.
Directs daily operations of department.
Has ability to hire, fire and discipline.
Responsible for quality of testing in all areas of the laboratory.
- Develops and manages the annual department operating and capital budgets
- Directs daily operations of department
- Directs staff
- Has ability to hire, fire and discipline
- Responsible for Tenet Healthcare Laboratory technical development, implementation and integration within areas of technical expertise, to include instrument acquisition, logistic support and laboratory information systems integration
Laboratory Director Needed Education, Experience and Certifications
Required: Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or related Health Science Specialty. Meets CLIA requirements for General Supervisor.
Preferred: Masters in Allied Health Specialty or Health Administration or Business.
Required: 5 years of progressive management experience in an acute care facility.
Preferred: Lab Director experience.
Required: Registered in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or equivalent). Licensure, as required by State law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Echo Tech FT Days Job ID: 2105045600 Date posted: 06/21/2022 Facility: Saint Francis Hospital - Memphis
- Medical Assistant Germantown USCF Job ID: 2205021390 Date posted: 06/20/2022 Facility: Saint Francis Hospital - Memphis
- Medical Lab Technologist FT Days Job ID: 2205010651 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: Saint Francis Hospital - Memphis
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet