Manager, Physician Onboarding (Memphis market)
- Job ID 2105007083
- Date posted 02/24/2021
- Facility Saint Francis Hospital - Memphis
The Onboarding Manager will provide subject matter expertise and play the lead role in the integration of providers to the health service organization. This position is responsible for aiding in the establishment of a working relationship between hospital Administrative Teams, Tenet Practice Resources (TPR) and Physicians who are newly hired, in practices recently acquired or in new practice facilities. The primary focus is to provide project management oversight to the transition of a physician/practice into or out of TPR. Responsibilities will include dealing with the physician’s/practice’s current equipment, computers, software, real estate, etc. and replacing it when necessary to be consistent with TPR’s standards and practices. The Onboarding Manager is also responsible for offboarding of physicians/practices, expansions and relocation of practices.
Duties & Areas of Responsibilities:
- Serves as the initial point of contact for the practice/region for transactions and initiates appropriate notifications and steps as required for successful provider transition by holding weekly meetings with the on-boarding team and all interested parties. Brief National Director on all transitions and possible issues regarding the transitions.
- Provides each physician/practice a detailed overview of the steps, timeline and required documents, signatures and tasks involved in a transition. This process will ensure the transition is compliant and successful. Also makes sure the required licensures is are in place (or if an approved exception) to operate on or around go live date, i.e., Occupational License, X-Ray, Radioactive, Accreditation, AHCA Exemption Certificates, Clinical Laboratory, CLIA and Bio-waste. Ensure all credentialing paperwork from provider has been submitted timely.
- Maintains progress report, reviews and monitors the transition timeline while tracking the provider(s) status to ensure transition steps are completed and appropriately communicated to all operational and financial departments within the committed timeframe.
- Take point on marketing a physician and/or practice year one as “the feet on the street.” Year-one marketing includes, but may not be limited to, business cards, head-shots, bio cards, outreach cards, ZocDoc, Phytel, profile/website establishment, entity formation and DBAs, notice of “New Provider-Welcome,” brochure or brochure update, national marketing campaign inclusion, revise market advertisements, referral list inclusion, Press Ganey inclusion and directory management.
- Works in conjunction with other departments to improve the efficiency of the transition process. Investigates and attempts resolution of communication or process issues affecting the transition of the provider or the requirements of applicable departments
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Travel and attend off-site meetings
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field Practice Management experience required. Minimum 3 years of experience managing multi-specialty medical practices. Extensive experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
The candidate should demonstrate an excellent customer service delivery with strong communication skills and dynamic administrative experience and comprehensive knowledge of Federal-State health care and regulations. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the following: Practice Assessments and Start Ups, practice closings, EPM/EMR implementation, Coding, Compliance, Revenue Cycle Management, Physician Practice Strategy and Development.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.